question on work permit

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
studentinfinland123

Re: question on work permit

Post by studentinfinland123 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:57 pm

Thanks for this response. I too guess that I am not breaking any laws here. It is just that I need to send a clarification from my employer. I have asked them to send an email to migri and they have obliged. I hope I can get an extended permit.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:20 pm

studentinfinland123 wrote:Thanks for this response. I too guess that I am not breaking any laws here. It is just that I need to send a clarification from my employer. I have asked them to send an email to migri and they have obliged. I hope I can get an extended permit.
You are applying for an extension so normally migri is not involved (the decision is done by the police)
Rip wrote:
Jos 54 §:n 4 momentissa tai 77 §:n 1 momentin 8 kohdassa tarkoitetussa tilanteessa jatko-oleskelulupahakemus työntekoa tai työnhakua varten on tehty aikaisemman opiskelua varten 45 §:n 1 momentin 3 kohdan nojalla myönnetyn oleskeluluvan voimassa ollessa, ulkomaalainen saa jatkaa aiemman luvan nojalla tekemäänsä työtä tai aloittaa uuden työnteon.
What this section leaves unclear to me is whether the new job is restricted by the student permit restrictions. Have you for example happened to have looked the cabinet proposals (hallituksen esitys) about which way it goes?

cors187

Post by cors187 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:42 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
cors187 wrote:https://www.poliisi.fi/poliisi/home.nsf ... nti_en.pdf
poliisi use the tem054
That's the EU free movement form for registering right of residence. Different process so not really relevant for this topic. However, interesting to find out it has such other uses.
It proves the form is used by poliisi and therefore the form can be used elsewhere.

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:05 pm

betelgeuse wrote:You are applying for an extension so normally migri is not involved (the decision is done by the police)
Interesting. Does that apply to work visa (type A) extension as well?
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:34 pm

adnan wrote:
betelgeuse wrote:You are applying for an extension so normally migri is not involved (the decision is done by the police)
Interesting. Does that apply to work visa (type A) extension as well?
Yes.

http://www.finlex.fi/fi/laki/ajantasa/2 ... 0301#L4P68

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:57 pm

Pardon me if I'm missing something, but the section to which you linked doesn't say anything about residence permit type A extension
Paikallispoliisi oleskelulupaviranomaisena

Ulkomaalaisen asuinpaikan poliisilaitos myöntää:

1) oleskeluluvan Suomen kansalaisen Suomessa olevalle perheenjäsenelle sekä tämän alaikäiselle naimattomalle lapselle sekä Suomessa asuvan ja oleskelunsa rekisteröineen unionin kansalaisen Suomessa olevalle perheenjäsenelle ja tämän alaikäiselle naimattomalle lapselle;

2) uuden määräaikaisen oleskeluluvan;

3) pysyvän oleskeluluvan maassa oleskelevalle ulkomaalaiselle; ja

4) pitkään oleskelleen kolmannen maan kansalaisen EU-oleskeluluvan.
(13.9.2013/669)

Poliisilaitos peruuttaa myöntämänsä oleskeluluvan 58 §:n 1, 2, 4 ja 5 momentissa sekä 58 a ja 58 b §:ssä säädetyillä perusteilla. (16.12.2011/1339)

Poliisilaitos siirtää oleskeluluvan uuteen matkustusasiakirjaan.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

Rip

Post by Rip » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:26 pm

adnan wrote: Pardon me if I'm missing something, but the section to which you linked doesn't say anything about residence permit type A extension
Yes it does:

P = Pysyvä
A = Jatkuva
B = Tilapäinen

A or B = Määräaikainen

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:24 pm

Rip wrote: Yes it does:

P = Pysyvä
A = Jatkuva
B = Tilapäinen

A or B = Määräaikainen
I'm sorry, but I still don't see where it says that the Migri isn't involved with deciding on type A RP extension.

Toisessa kohdassa lainaamassani tekstissä puhutaan vain uudesta määräaikaisesta oleskeluluvasta, ei jatkoluvasta. Voisitko ystävällisesti lainata sitä kohtaa, missä kerrotaan ettei Migri ole mukana jatkolupapäätöksissä?

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:46 pm

adnan wrote: I'm sorry, but I still don't see where it says that the Migri isn't involved with deciding on type A RP extension.

Toisessa kohdassa lainaamassani tekstissä puhutaan vain uudesta määräaikaisesta oleskeluluvasta, ei jatkoluvasta. Voisitko ystävällisesti lainata sitä kohtaa, missä kerrotaan ettei Migri ole mukana jatkolupapäätöksissä?
Uusi määräaikainen oleskelulupa == jatkolupa. Check out section 67 that spells out when Migri makes the decision. Together those two sections have items for all the types of residence permits. You will see that Migri is the authority only for subset of first permits and when police delegates the case to them.

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:42 pm

betelgeuse wrote: Uusi määräaikainen oleskelulupa == jatkolupa. Check out section 67 that spells out when Migri makes the decision. Together those two sections have items for all the types of residence permits. You will see that Migri is the authority only for subset of first permits and when police delegates the case to them.
Oho! Lovely! This is what I didn't know. Thanks a lot!
As a non-native speaker, that was indeed ambiguous for me.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:09 pm

adnan wrote:
betelgeuse wrote: Uusi määräaikainen oleskelulupa == jatkolupa. Check out section 67 that spells out when Migri makes the decision. Together those two sections have items for all the types of residence permits. You will see that Migri is the authority only for subset of first permits and when police delegates the case to them.
Oho! Lovely! This is what I didn't know. Thanks a lot!
As a non-native speaker, that was indeed ambiguous for me.
Using the word "uusi" is weird also for me (native). The meaning only becomes apparent to me by general knowledge about the Aliens Act. People drafting the laws often generally live in their bureaucratic bubbles where words have their own (but well defined) meanings that do not match the idea of ordinary folk.

Rip

Post by Rip » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:23 pm

I think sections 67/68 read together are reasonably clear. Worst are those things were one can read read the whole relevant text and the government proposal draft and still not understand.

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:52 pm

Rip wrote:I think sections 67/68 read together are reasonably clear. Worst are those things were one can read read the whole relevant text and the government proposal draft and still not understand.
Well, today I got a confirmation. Yes, the labour office is indeed involved in my application to extend my residence permit (applied 2 month before the first one expired). Straight from Migri and Poliisi.
I asked about the status of my application (because no public queues for work-based RP, unlike other kind of RPs), and they told me they're waiting for the TE office decision.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:35 pm

adnan wrote:
Rip wrote:I think sections 67/68 read together are reasonably clear. Worst are those things were one can read read the whole relevant text and the government proposal draft and still not understand.
Well, today I got a confirmation. Yes, the labour office is indeed involved in my application to extend my residence permit (applied 2 month before the first one expired). Straight from Migri and Poliisi.
I asked about the status of my application (because no public queues for work-based RP, unlike other kind of RPs), and they told me they're waiting for the TE office decision.
You are replying to a post about the involvement of Migri in making the decision so an experience about the labour office does not provide a counter example to Rip's post. Earlier in the thread we discussed TE-office involvement when the application has a degree from Finland? Do you have such a degree?

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:25 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
adnan wrote:
You are replying to a post about the involvement of Migri in making the decision so an experience about the labour office does not provide a counter example to Rip's post. Earlier in the thread we discussed TE-office involvement when the application has a degree from Finland? Do you have such a degree?
Oh, Jesus!
Apologies. It looks like I replied to the wrong thread. I've had a different (but slightly related) discussion in another thread.