Transfer residence permit to new employer

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
epselon1

Post by epselon1 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:55 am

Hello,

Me and my wife (residence permit based on family ties) has 'A' type residence permit of Finland. I have changed job in the same field and now we want to transfer our work permit to new employers work contract. Please help me with below questions

1. What all documents would be needed for this transfer? I have new employer's work contract and TEM054.
2. Do I need to fill all the application forms again as we used to do while applying/extending the work permit?
3. How much fee will they take for this?
4. I have work contract without any end date, what will be the end date in the new residence permit?

I would appreciate if you can explain me the whole process in brief.

- Thanks

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Rip

Re: Transfer residence permit to new employer

Post by Rip » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:09 pm

Your residence permit does not have a specified employer. It might have a field of work specified on it (you should know), but even if it does, you indicate that it hasn't changed, in which case you don't need to do anything. For the renewal of the permit when the old is set to expire, you follow the normal rules.

http://www.migri.fi/working_in_finland/changing_jobs

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:21 pm

Work permits aren't any more (or very rarely) tied to the employer. They have a restriction to the "profession", so if you are a hairdresser you can't start to drive a bus... Otherwise the permit is valid as long as its valid, and the paperwork is only when you renew it.
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

epselon1

Post by epselon1 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:34 am

Thanks a lot for your response guys.
I will visit Pollisi and inform them about this job change, as you suggested and I checked too there will not be any paper work for this. Thanks

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:40 am

epselon1 wrote:I will visit Pollisi and inform them about this job change, as you suggested and I checked too there will not be any paper work for this. Thanks
No-one suggested that you inform Poliisi. Any way it will at least ensure you get advice from the authorities directly.