mechanical engineer with 3 languages want working in finland

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
Zaid

Post by Zaid » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:45 am

My Name Zaid from Iraq. Baghdad. I am mechanical engineer . I have experience 4 years construction works projects site works . I would like to work in finland if some offered me i will come there . I am speaking english , turkish and my native language arabic .

i am waiting you to call me .

thanks

[email protected]
Last edited by Zaid on Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

onkko

Re: mechanical engineer with 3 languages want working in fin

Post by onkko » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:55 am

Where to start.
You obviously can write some english but grammar/etc says you arent fluent, neither am i but im not asking a job claiming that.
You didnt tell anything about your education or work experience.
And you want someone call you and you didnt provide number but you provided... at best questionable email address. I know that hitler is hero in your area and mein kampf is top seller but thats not case in europe.
Dont hold your breath while you wait calls.
Caesare weold Graecum, ond Caelic Finnum

Zaid

Post by Zaid » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:09 pm

onkko wrote:Where to start.
You obviously can write some english but grammar/etc says you arent fluent, neither am i but im not asking a job claiming that.
You didnt tell anything about your education or work experience.
And you want someone call you and you didnt provide number but you provided... at best questionable email address. I know that hitler is hero in your area and mein kampf is top seller but thats not case in europe.
Dont hold your breath while you wait calls.
Ok sir actually i live in iraq now . If you would like i will provide you my cellphone number . Also i graduated from university of technology in baghdad 2010. Don't accused me that i ave lowest ability of speaking english.

Thanks

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:29 pm

onkko wrote:but you provided... at best questionable email address. I know that hitler is hero in your area and mein kampf is top seller but thats not case in europe.
Now I'm upset that I missed his post before the edit. What was the email address he posted?
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

onkko

Post by onkko » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:26 pm

adnan wrote:
onkko wrote:but you provided... at best questionable email address. I know that hitler is hero in your area and mein kampf is top seller but thats not case in europe.
Now I'm upset that I missed his post before the edit. What was the email address he posted?
something like hitlerpunch / hitlerhit etc. There was hitler.

onkko

Post by onkko » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:30 pm

Zaid wrote:. Don't accused me that i ave lowest ability of speaking english.

Thanks

Why i wouldnt accuse, even that quoted sentence proves that you arent even near fluent in english.
Even I, notoriously bad in english, can see that you arent fluent in english.

Rip

Post by Rip » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:44 pm

hitlergun@somewhere

onkko

Post by onkko » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:49 pm

Rip wrote:hitlergun@somewhere
Thanks, that it was.

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:53 pm

Is this a falseflag account? Are we being trolled?

I can't believe that the OP is an actual person.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

Zaid

Post by Zaid » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:27 pm

Any way guys I need a Job don't be unmerciful .

Thanks

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:33 pm

Zaid wrote:Any way guys I need a Job don't be unmerciful
Buddy, chances are that none of us can offer you a job in Finland, nor can any of us actually assist you with your visa or residence permit process.
This isn't like Iraq where if you know someone who knows someone then you get something like this done.

Your options are:

- Find a job where the employer is willing to wait for your residence permit process.
- Apply for a university and come as a student.

Stop nagging and don't wait for a handout.

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:40 pm

adnan wrote:
Zaid wrote:Any way guys I need a Job don't be unmerciful
Buddy, chances are that none of us can offer you a job in Finland, nor can any of us actually assist you with your visa or residence permit process.
This isn't like Iraq where if you know someone who knows someone then you get something like this done.

Your options are:

- Find a job where the employer is willing to wait for your residence permit process.
- Apply for a university and come as a student.

Stop nagging and don't wait for a handout.
I disagree. Imo it helps a lot in Finland if you know someone who can vouch for you or at least say you are ok.

For op: to get job in Finland there must be a job that can't be filed by Finn, EU citizen or someone who already has RP and is living in Finland. Onkko's posts suggest that you have claimed to be fluent in English. You are not, heck I'm not fluent in my opinion. And as a Finn, I'd guess that my estimate is closer to what local employers expect when they hear fluent. Same with any other adjective in any skill. Do not exaggerate.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

onkko

Post by onkko » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:59 pm

Upphew wrote: Onkko's posts suggest that you have claimed to be fluent in English. You are not, heck I'm not fluent in my opinion. And as a Finn, I'd guess that my estimate is closer to what local employers expect when they hear fluent. Same with any other adjective in any skill. Do not exaggerate.
He claimed 3 languages so only thing is to assume is that he is fluent in all of those. Lying is bad, more than bad.
I wont even dare to think that i have english as language and he does.

Zaid

Post by Zaid » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:42 pm

onkko wrote:
Upphew wrote: Onkko's posts suggest that you have claimed to be fluent in English. You are not, heck I'm not fluent in my opinion. And as a Finn, I'd guess that my estimate is closer to what local employers expect when they hear fluent. Same with any other adjective in any skill. Do not exaggerate.
He claimed 3 languages so only thing is to assume is that he is fluent in all of those. Lying is bad, more than bad.
I wont even dare to think that i have english as language and he does.
Why you are proudly of yourself watch out

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:20 pm

Upphew wrote: I disagree. Imo it helps a lot in Finland if you know someone who can vouch for you or at least say you are ok.
Good strawmanning right there.
I didn't say he that having contacts in FInland doesn't help. Nor did I say that having a voucher doesn't help. You made that up in your head.
Clearly, by replying in this thread, my comment was about the OP's case. Obviously, he's not gonna get anybody to vouch for him from here.

Also, when I said "This isn't like Iraq" I meant that knowing somebody from this forum won't really help him get an advantage in the visa/RP process. The reason I said that is because in these countries you can bypass the law if you know the right people. I'm sure that can happen in Finland as well, but no way near the level it happens there.

Anyway, all in all: You misunderstood, and I probably wasn't clear enough.