Salary request: How much is reasonable?

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
Kamu

Re: Salary request: How much is reasonable?

Post by Kamu » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:42 am

aliencc wrote: True, but Berlin is seven times the porpulation of Helsinki and always filled with tourist and immigrants that makes me sometime wonder where all the German go :)) I don't mean any discrimination but the Turks make me feel really unsafe here. So Helsinki must be definitely more relaxing for me haha. Well I do love Berlin very much, especially for the 3Euro Döner (the prices even go lower in some certain places:P), but it's time for me to go now, and I may be back latter.

I applied for 4 positions for 2000Euro (after tax) and haven't got any reply yet, I guess I will apply for more companies then.
Well, I live in Helsinki (I am Finnish), have visited Berlin a few times and I think that atmosphere in Berlin is more relaxed and better in many ways than in Helsinki. Of course it`s not the same if you just visit some place, but still. For me walking in Helsinki city centre in times when it`s crowded is much more distressing than when walking in crowded Berlin streets. Maybe it`s because Berlin is so much bigger, that it doesn`t feel crowded or maybe it`s just the atmosphere.

And then, recently in news about "violently acting multicultured gangs" in Helsinki:
http://www.iltasanomat.fi/kotimaa/art-1 ... 06357.html
http://www.iltasanomat.fi/kotimaa/art-1 ... 41548.html

First headline tells about street gang that assaults and robs children and teenagers.
And in the other story it`s told, that according to the police, the gang is multicultural.
And in the "S-bahn" stations and in public transports in helsinki there are very often junkies etc. hanging around. I didn`t actually see in Berlin nearly as many intoxicated people hanging around the places as I see in Helsinki. Well, Nollendorfplatz was exception, the crowd there with their plastig bags full of bier looked just the same as we often have in Helsinki stations.

So, all in all, based on my own personal experience I find Berlin more peaceful and relaxed place. Although I haven`t been in Berlin for example in Kreuzberg, Görlitzer Park etc. but Berlin is so big that you don`t have go these certain areas if you don`t want to?

Maybe you should first visit Helsinki a few times before planning to move, so you could see how do you feel the atmosphere here.

Re: Salary request: How much is reasonable?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic