Jobs In "Espoo/Helsinki"

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
rinso

Re: Jobs In "Espoo/Helsinki"

Post by rinso » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:06 pm

Class Rex wrote: I have over five years' experience in "Customer Services / Sales / Fashion / Film / Music / Graphic Design".
Apart from experience Finnish employers are also very interested in your papers.
No papers, then there will probably a Finn or other foreigner with papers who'll get the job.
An exception might be the more creative jobs when you are really good.
I would like to kindly ask for some advice and guidance on what my best approach would be in this situation?
Concentrate on making your TMI a success, learn Finnish and network.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

onkko

Post by onkko » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:30 pm

Class Rex wrote: I have over five years' experience in "Customer Services / Sales /....
Those two require more than fluent finnish, native finnish where ability to understand different dialects is needed and thats not granted even if you are native.
Caesare weold Graecum, ond Caelic Finnum

onkko

Post by onkko » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:33 pm

tummansininen wrote: If you're unemployed I think you're eligible for integration, so take advantage of the TE office's Finnish courses and study the language like a fiend. Try to convince them that your goal is to complete a business degree, or some polytechnic, or whatever - they might then agree to let you study that qualification while on Integration.
No, if he came here as tourist then he is tourist, thats all what EU citizen gets before working in actual job for a while. He has right to be here 3 months but thats it he is not eligible on anything.
Caesare weold Graecum, ond Caelic Finnum

inchy

Post by inchy » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:13 pm

I am EU citizen. Working two and half years in Helsinki. Do I have right to apply for learning Finnish language??? or to apply for example for buss driver in TTS??? I am sorry to ask but i did not have time to go and ask directly.
Tnx. for answer.

inchy

Post by inchy » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:15 pm

onkko wrote:
tummansininen wrote: If you're unemployed I think you're eligible for integration, so take advantage of the TE office's Finnish courses and study the language like a fiend. Try to convince them that your goal is to complete a business degree, or some polytechnic, or whatever - they might then agree to let you study that qualification while on Integration.
No, if he came here as tourist then he is tourist, thats all what EU citizen gets before working in actual job for a while. He has right to be here 3 months but thats it he is not eligible on anything.

I am EU citizen. Working two and half years in Helsinki. Do I have right to apply for learning Finnish language??? or to apply for example for buss driver in TTS??? I am sorry to ask but i did not have time to go and ask directly.
Tnx. for answer.

inchy

Post by inchy » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:55 pm

tummansininen wrote:Yes you are probably eligible for Integration if you are a legal resident. Go and see the TE now as the limit is normally 3 years. But if you have already worked here they might decide you don't need Finnish lessons.

As for the OP I assumed they're registered as a resident... if they're only a tourist, then onkko's right, no integration for you.
ok, i have permanent residence in finland (as EU citizen and by the toistaiseksi työsopimus), but did not use any right which i have, like some courses etc. I have friend, she have Finnish permanent visa, her hussband is here 4 yers, and she started to go to finish courses last months.

asanda

Post by asanda » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:23 pm

Hi :) I feel where you are coming from, I am in the same boat at the moment. I have heaps of experience in office work, but finding it a bit hard to even get a job interview. You should try these websites like http://www.workinfinland.com/ where all the job ads are in English and there might be something in your field.

Hopefully, you can find a job soon. I hope that it is not as grim as people keep saying :(

Good luck!