Interesting fact TE kESKUS

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
cors187

Post by cors187 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:54 pm

If you are operating a company here and you have allowed your spouse to work sometimes in your company, then your spouse will be classed as an "Entrepreneur" and this classification impacts the way they are dealt with when applying as a "job seeker".

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Beep_Boop

Re: Interesting fact TE kESKUS

Post by Beep_Boop » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:20 pm

So the spouse is treated as a self-employed person?
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:06 am

tummansininen wrote:Ouch! TE's treatment of entrepreneurs is shocking.
To be fair in many of these things they are tied by legislation so the blame really lies in the Finnish parliament. At least there's been some improvements lately. For example, you now don't need to dissolve a company to get unemployment benefits. The company just needs to be taken out of various tax registers.

Kamu

Post by Kamu » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:42 am

tummansininen wrote:Ouch! TE's treatment of entrepreneurs is shocking. They told me off the record that for an unemployed person it's not worth setting up a business because they will straight away cut you off as "employed" even if you haven't earned any money yet - even while you are risking all your savings in the new business :thumbsdown:

They vaguely told me about the small business grants available, where you can keep getting unemployment benefit while you start your business, but your idea has to be so unusual, so different or so guaranteed to succeed, that apparently it's quite difficult to get approved.
And, there is also prepayment-tax-issue:
http://www.vero.fi/en-US/Precise_inform ... 2819363%29

I don`t have own experiences about being self employed, but if I have understood it right, as self employed you have to pay taxes beforehand.
This obviously doesn`t concern freelancers, but other self emloyed like "toiminimi".

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:02 pm

And this was news :lol:

"Everybody knows..." - we don't call you "stupid" for no reason wanting to start a business.

An "entrepeneur" is a rich capitalist pig with gold bullion in a swiss bank. If you don't have a kilo of gold, don't start a business.
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

cors187

Post by cors187 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:32 pm

adnan wrote:So the spouse is treated as a self-employed person?
Well i guess entrepreneur is the correct term.
The spouse cannot have any say or own any shares.
I like the idea and qualifications behind it.

One scam going at the moment is the Ukraine wealthy going into Rostov-na-donu(Russia) and receiving benefits beyond the norn and reach of any poor in that city.Why stop there, keep moving to Siberia and receive a new house as-well.

Its important to cap this mentality in Finland.