Where do IT consultancy companies look for job opening?

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
adapagol

Post by adapagol » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:05 am

Hi,
I am planning to establish an IT compnay in Finland. I heard that the IT consultancy companies in finland get differnt job opening ad from various companies somewhere in online, which is not publicly available. Only consultancy firms can see those ad and offer thier price along with CV of skilled workers. Some examples of such consultancy companies are Symbio, Qentinel, Softabilty,Sogeti and so on. Now can anybody please tell me where in online or in which website they get those job opening ads?
BR,
Dew

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Beep_Boop

Re: Where do IT consultancy companies look for job opening?

Post by Beep_Boop » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:09 am

I work at an IT consultancy/sub-contractor and I've never heard of this secret place you're talking about.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:29 pm

roger_roger wrote:I used the word useless Recruiters there because they are mostly from UK, Netherlands, Somewhereland asking if I am interested in some XYZ job in some place in Finland. I am not sure how it works, Finnish firms hiring international consultancies to seek local candidate sounds too fishy to trust.
They are probably bidding for a job that includes some stuff to be done some place in Finland. Say some big consultancy in UK is bidding for Marks and Spencer and M&S has presence here, but consultancy does not. Surely they first use the usual suspects to get meat for the grinder?
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

developer

Post by developer » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:59 pm

adnan wrote:I work at an IT consultancy/sub-contractor and I've never heard of this secret place you're talking about.
Wanted to ask you some questions, but I can't private messages. :) Sad sob story - I know.

Keravalainen

Post by Keravalainen » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:24 am

Hi!
In many cases setting up a company of your own just for employing yourself isn't always the best idea.
When you have a company of your own, that is supposed to employ you continuously. With a registered company you are considered to be an entrepreneur by employment officials. If you have a company and get unemplyed, they refer to your company and tell you to employ yourself via that company, and the unemployment money you're applying will be delayed with months.

If you use a consultant company to get a (time-limited) job, you can keep your status as an emplyee also in the eyes of TE-keskus. However, you should remember that the companies have different terms for commitment and paying salary, so make comparisons.
- Use only companies, that don't require sole righs for your employment, but act just as one more channel to market your skills. Usually these companies have good networks to potential customers, and they can find jobs easier than a newcomer company in the market.

You can find IT consulting companies from e.g. listings of local Chamber of Commerce.
This is for Helsinki: http://www.kauppakamariverkko.fi/index. ... hLocation=