Russian speaking jobs in Helsinki or Kymenlaakso region

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
Alme

Post by Alme » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:38 pm

Hello forum

I have a good offer from Google DC in Hamina and I think I might just move there. My GF has a BA in Marketing. She has overall 4 years of working experience in marketing, management and project assistant. She is native Russian and speaks fluently English and Estonian, but no Finnish yet. We haven't been able to find anything for her online (difficult since most of the adds are only in Finnish). We will be very grateful if someone would be generous enough to help us.

Thnx

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

cors187

Re: Russian speaking jobs in Helsinki or Kymenlaakso region

Post by cors187 » Sun May 03, 2015 9:08 am

Its not un common for estonian proficient speakers to get a grip of finnish really fast, maybe even months .

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Sun May 03, 2015 3:46 pm

I just want to say congrats on the job offer for the Hamina DC.
Google has been struggling to get those positions filled with workforce from Finland. They even considered shrinking their investment in their Hamina DC because of the lack of applicants. They actually went and lowered some of their requirements just to get a few good candidates.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

GermanInHelsinki

Post by GermanInHelsinki » Sun May 03, 2015 7:28 pm

Finding a job in marketing without speaking the local language is of course nearly impossible.

Your GF should of course look for jobs in Saint Petersburg. They speak Russian there, and it will not make a difference whether she works in Saint Petersburg or Helsinki - both cities are too far away for commuting daily from the place at the Russian border where you will be working.