Can I do part time job if I get start-up grant?

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
adapagol

Post by adapagol » Fri May 15, 2015 8:50 pm

Hei,

I started a 'toiminimi' company in IT field and I am getting starttiraha(around 40 euro/day) from ELY-keskus. Now can anybody please tell me if I can do some part-time job of different field along with my full time work in own company. If yes how many hours maximum I can work per week. Could anyone please also give some reference regarding his or her opinion.

Thanking you,
Adapagol

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Can I do part time job if I get start-up grant?

Post by betelgeuse » Sat May 16, 2015 11:13 am

adapagol wrote: I started a 'toiminimi' company in IT field and I am getting starttiraha(around 40 euro/day) from ELY-keskus. Now can anybody please tell me if I can do some part-time job of different field along with my full time work in own company. If yes how many hours maximum I can work per week. Could anyone please also give some reference regarding his or her opinion.
http://www.finlex.fi/fi/laki/alkup/2012 ... idp2117040

Having a salary will void starttiraha. Have you considered invoicing the work for the different field as sole trader? Before that remember to check the possible conditions on the decision on starttiraha.

laurajbj85

Re: Can I do part time job if I get start-up grant?

Post by laurajbj85 » Sun May 24, 2015 9:38 pm

If you get start up grants you CANNOT have other extra income apart from your business. That's what I was told by a business Advisor.