CPC Card For Driving

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
Graham_M

CPC Card For Driving

Post by Graham_M » Mon May 25, 2015 11:50 pm

Hi All,

Not sure if i am in the right Section but it is related jobwise for me.

Does anybody have any links or information regarding getting my CPC Card that is required to drive Lorries/Buses. New EU law from a couple of years back states i must have it. I have a Finnish driving licence, just not sure where to find a place to do the mandatory 35 hours training to get the card.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Graham

Forgive me my nonsense as I also forgive the nonsense of those who think they talk sense.

CPC Card For Driving

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

zetorpilot

Re: CPC Card For Driving

Post by zetorpilot » Tue May 26, 2015 6:41 am

Google ammattipätevyyskoulutus, that should get you dozens of hits. We used Duolog in Vantaa. They were easy to use and cconvenient, although actually the ennakoiva ja taloudellinen ajotapa kurssi that I did with LIS in Imatra, back before the direktiivi came into force as such, was way more interesting and useful.

Hopefully you are really eligible for the 35h under grandfather rights, and won't need to sit through the 280h full course (although the latter could be arguably more useful).

Graham_M

Post by Graham_M » Tue May 26, 2015 2:59 pm

Thanks zetorpilot i will take a look at that now.....

I think i am eligible for grandfather rights....The 35 hrs would be ok for me...I want the CPC as a fall back...finding it hard to get a job at the moment and so this is probably going to be the way forward...

Thanks Again..
Forgive me my nonsense as I also forgive the nonsense of those who think they talk sense.

zetorpilot

Post by zetorpilot » Tue May 26, 2015 3:28 pm

It just depends on when you passed your HGV/PSV (or rather C, C+E, D etc as they are now). If you passed C before 10.9.2009 or D before 10.9.2008 then you only need the 35 hours.

http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/driver-cpc-f ... ng-drivers

It might be worth your while asking around at haulage firms local to you, to get an idea what the employment situation is like for drivers in your area. If your experience is good, and your Finnish is good, you might well be able to find something. Don't worry too much if it's a long time since you have driven commercially as it will come back - it's like riding a bike :D I had ten years in IT before returning to driving, and after about ten minutes behind the wheel of an artic I felt completely at home, even though of course the technology had moved on rather considerably since the early 90's ;) :D