Change Company

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
jeff guapo

Change Company

Post by jeff guapo » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:23 pm

>Hello guys, is it possible if I will move my visa papers into other company because the result is to long to wait, its 3 months already. guys I need your suggestion for my status? if I move to other company should I pay again for visa processing? Thanks guy for help in advance.

Change Company

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Change Company

Post by betelgeuse » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:41 pm

jeff guapo wrote:>Hello guys, is it possible if I will move my visa papers into other company because the result is to long to wait, its 3 months already. guys I need your suggestion for my status? if I move to other company should I pay again for visa processing? Thanks guy for help in advance.
Did you apply for a visa or a residence permit?

rinso

Post by rinso » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:01 pm

other company
Do you mean a company that arranges the visa application for you?

jeff guapo

Post by jeff guapo » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:25 pm

Yes the company that arrange my visa application so that i am able to work here in finland. I came here in february and may is my last month as tourist. Then someone ask me to work here and then still im waiting for the result, i have kids and i dont know were i can get money to support them because i dont have work yet.please help me guys or you think i just have to wait? Thank you.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:32 pm

jeff guapo wrote:Yes the company that arrange my visa application so that i am able to work here in finland. I came here in february and may is my last month as tourist. Then someone ask me to work here and then still im waiting for the result, i have kids and i dont know were i can get money to support them because i dont have work yet.please help me guys or you think i just have to wait? Thank you.
Visas do not entitle you to work. You need a residence permit for that. The applications in Finland are done personally to the police office and paid directly to them. If you have not visited a police station or embassy personally, you are being scammed.

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:48 pm

Back when I was applying for me RP, I was referred by an acquaintance to a Facebook page of a "company" that help you with your RP application.
Clearly, those companies are scammers, or at best useless. So I contacted them just for fun. They asked for 400 euros to help arrange everything, and they asked for the money to be paid to their "associate" in some other country via Western Union.
Good times.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:01 pm

The only "company" that should be involved in the residence permit application, is the one offering you work. They need to fill in their side of the paperwork on the job and pay specifications. After that you take the application to the police, get fingerprinted etc. In general, applying on a tourist visa is somewhat frowned on as the main rule is you need to apply in the embassy at home, and process times can be long, up to six months or more.

So I don't know what "company" you are talking about, maybe there are ones that help you dot your i's and cross your t's, (getting a visa to Russia then again is best done via an agency) - but if you haven't been to the police station as this needs to be done in person, and gotten a receipt of your application, you better go make a complaint of fraud and maybe you should make an actual real application as well.
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

rinso

Post by rinso » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:04 pm

jeff guapo wrote: I came here in february and may is my last month as tourist.
On my calendar it's almost August. This means that if you're not EU you're already here illegal. And that would not speed up the process. It could even lead to a rejection and a (strong) suggestion to leave the country immidiately.

jeff guapo

Post by jeff guapo » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:21 pm

I field application in polis in may and i have a reciepe to confirm me to stay here. What im trying to ask if i could change the company should i have to pay again in polis?thanks guys..

Rip

Post by Rip » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:00 pm

So are you talking about a company that offered to hire you (if "Yes", you manage to present the situation so it sounds like somebody is trying to fraud the immigration authorities), or some strange "middle man"? (If "Yes" for that, then what did they actually do, as you submitted the papers yourself (as by law you must of course)?

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:14 pm

Okay, so it seems like by "company" he actually means his employer.
So, OP, do you have a new offer from a different employer?
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:47 pm

rinso wrote:
jeff guapo wrote: I came here in february and may is my last month as tourist.
On my calendar it's almost August. This means that if you're not EU you're already here illegal. And that would not speed up the process. It could even lead to a rejection and a (strong) suggestion to leave the country immidiately.
Residence while an application is being processed is legal:

https://www.finlex.fi/fi/laki/ajantasa/ ... 0301#L4P40

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:20 pm

How long it takes with the police is irrelevant to who the employer is. It takes as long as it takes.
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

rinso

Post by rinso » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:08 am

betelgeuse wrote:
Residence while an application is being processed is legal:

There is a strong suspicion he's being scammed and there is no application pending since he isn't gone to the police himself.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:54 am

rinso wrote:
betelgeuse wrote: Residence while an application is being processed is legal:

There is a strong suspicion he's being scammed and there is no application pending since he isn't gone to the police himself.
You seem to have missed this:
jeff guapo wrote:I field application in polis in may and i have a reciepe to confirm me to stay here. What im trying to ask if i could change the company should i have to pay again in polis?thanks guys..