Draughtsman work in Finland

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
jaco123

Post by jaco123 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:39 am

I am currently working as a civil draughtsman at a multi-disciplinary engineering firm and work mostly on roads and highways designs and drawings. My girlfriend stays in Finland and we have been talking a lot about our future together lately and I would just like to know more about the work situation in Finland as I know most employers prefer to hire Finnish speaking people and that unemployment is a reality in Finland.

Any advice or information that can be given would be more than appreciated

Thank you in advance

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Kayttaja1

Re: Draughtsman work in Finland

Post by Kayttaja1 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:44 pm

Where are you from? Do you have certificates or similar showing that you are able to design roads and highways that meet local standards?

rinso

Post by rinso » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:12 am

The budgets for road maintenance are going down, so it is not a good situation at the moment.

jaco123

Post by jaco123 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:03 am

I am from South Africa and currently busy with my diploma in civil engineering that would allow me to have more knowledge in the design and detailing of structures,
my only concern (well I would suppose everybody wanting to move to Finland) is that I would move to Finland and not find any work, I am currently trying to learn Finnish as it is difficult here due to the fact that I have not been able to find any Finnish classes but just wanting to prepare myself when the day should arrive that I would have to move

Kayttaja1

Post by Kayttaja1 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:04 pm

Most likely you will need at least bachelor´s degree and knowledge of local standards, so I would advice you to apply for either UAS or University studies here. Good luck. :thumbsup: