Looking for job or training for lapidary arts.

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
cuckalite

Post by cuckalite » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:24 pm

Looking for where i can learn lapidary or artisan techniques(in English if possible, i don't speak any Finnish),
since couldn't find any school or courses for lapidary, if is there any place where i can learn as and work i'm very interested.
I'm also interested in any kind of crafting, if somebody can hire me for training me i would be very happy.
Thanks!
Last edited by cuckalite on Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Pursuivant

Re: Looking for job or training for lapidary arts.

Post by Pursuivant » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:30 pm

Hum, you need to approach the right box. The handcrafts traning is "artesaani" and then you need to look for "goldsmith", and then you look for stones...
http://www.sogsakk.fi/index.php?option= ... 17&lang=fi
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

Londonchris

Post by Londonchris » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:16 am

http://www.sar-machine.fi/index.htm sells all kinds of machinery for lapidary & goldsmiths, maybe they`ll have a clue about courses or where to get started.

There is also a gemstone forum in Finnish http://www.jalokiviharrastajat.fi/kivifoorumi/index.php

More than likely you can get in touch in English & at least get some info.

Failing that, you`ll find lapidary forums in English with possibly a member in Finland.

There is *or was* an English chap in eastern Finland that used to lap his own stones for knife handles...you`ll have to search him out on an English knife making forum.

cuckalite

Post by cuckalite » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:14 pm

Pursuivant thank you, really difficult to find that school with that proper name if you can't understand finnish, starting to think it's a MUST learn Finnish first before thinking in do anything.
Londonchris that's interesting and great information, i been searching and searching can't find anything in english, is that a person you are referring to? Thanks

Londonchris

Post by Londonchris » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:27 pm

cuckalite wrote: Londonchris that's interesting and great information, i been searching and searching can't find anything in english, is that a person you are referring to? Thanks
The chap in eastern finland is indeed a person, unfortunate that I`ve lost he`s details. :(

If lapidary forums are anything like knife making forums, you`ll find a load of english speaking members in finland which will make things alot easier.
Job might be abit of an optimistic wish, you`ll likely need to work up to that from hobby beginnings.