Advice on job search

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
elimelig

Advice on job search

Post by elimelig » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:32 pm

Hi everyone!

I am moving to Finland in July - September and I would like to work there.
Problem is, I come from a completely different work culture and I don't know where I should start from or what I should do to make a good impression on the HR managers/possible empolyers.

For example, should I go to the unemployment office in person? Is this seen as a good approach? Or should I just file my CV and wait for a call? Should I "cold-call" if I see an interesting ad or is it better to send an e-mail? Are language certificates mandatory/a plus/completely unnecessary?

A little more about me: I am 22, I am graduating in humanities (literature and languages), I have been working for 2 years as back office and customer care employee in an import-export company and I have been teaching English to kids (I'm not necessarily looking for related jobs, I can do anything and I'm willing to learn).
I speak fluent English, Italian, French and I am learning Finnish (A2) and Spanish (A2).

Thank you very much!

I wish you all good luck in your job search :)

Advice on job search

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic