POST DELETED

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
Pursuivant

Re: Student Job info needed

Post by Pursuivant » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:02 pm

leisl wrote: 25 hours per week working is probably more than you are allowed to work
Its exactly 25 hours a week.

Now, to avoid having to have that 6720 euros in bank, one needs to have 560 euros steady income. Now that is more than 22 euros/ hour in hand, and I doubt a toilet attendant position pays that, even being so lucky to get one.

Meanwhile, 45 ects is the minimum required for "advancement of studies", and knowing how slow the profs are marking theres every year people with a cold sphincter doing their applications.

"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

leisl

Post by leisl » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:28 pm

Probably already has the RP approved, though. Well, one would hope. Since you can't write "I intend to get a job" as your means of support, during application.

Watching a couple of Finns looking for work right now though, including in such illustrious positions as toilet attendant, floor maintenance, grocery scanning, plate ferrying and saucepan management, I have nothing but skepticism for all the students thinking it's a realistic possibility to get into such career paths part time. (Not an attack on OP, just sad reality.) Here, I have a list of employers who are willing to take on people with no Finnish, no qualifications, a foreign name, a lack of verifiable employment history, no local references, who are only able to fit their job around their studies and require fewer than 25 hours per week of employment:

Let's hope a few of them defeat the very long odds.

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:02 pm

Well, obviously you need to show the money when you first apply, but then the renewing...
So yes, the right time to pay back family savings is after graduation.
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."