Need help

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
Monovo Koko

Need help

Post by Monovo Koko » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:22 pm

Hello!

I am from Croatia and with my family planning to move in Finland.
First I dont know where and how find job. Any information will be great.

Thank you!

Need help

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Monovo Koko

Re: Need help

Post by Monovo Koko » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:03 pm

Thank you roger-roger for tips, but we know all that already. Yes, language is problem, but just in start.

Problem is that where ever i ask and search there is no answer. I dont know where and how search any more.

rinso

Post by rinso » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:18 am

Problem is that where ever i ask and search there is no answer. I dont know where and how search any more.
This is BS. Searching for "job" and "Finland" gives plenty of useful information.
If you even didn't figure that out your future in Finland will be difficult.

wolf80

Post by wolf80 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:50 pm

There is plenty of information out there, on this site as well as on others and in countless Facebook groups for seeking employment in Finland.

What you probably mean is that they all say the same: there are no jobs for you in Finland. I assume you don't speak Finnish or Swedish. You don't mention any specific skills or education, so I'm gonna assume you don't have them. Which leaves you as just another foreigner looking for unskilled work without language requirements. Which doesn't exist.

Finland has been in a state of high unemployment for some while now.
Finnish people with skills and experience struggle to find a job in many professions.
Skilled/experienced foreigners with none to medium Finnish skills struggle to find any job at all, except for a few professions mostly in the IT and engineering sector.
Unskilled foreigners with medium to good Finnish skills might be able to get a job as waiter or such, but it's hard as there are not many offers but many competitors.
Unskilled foreigners with medium Finnish skills might get a job in cleaning or such, but also here it is hard.
Unskilled foreigners without Finnish skills, who are not residents yet, will not get a job. They will not get into social security and healthcare. They will not get free language courses.

How do you think this will work for you? There is no job waiting for you. If you come without a job offer you will not get into social security, you will not get anything for free, you will have a hard time finding an apartment. You will most likely burn through all your savings and have to return home after that. And you are not only doing this to yourself but also to your family!

leisl

Post by leisl » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:00 pm

wolf80 wrote:Unskilled foreigners without Finnish skills, who are not residents yet, will not get a job.
We can't hold your hand.

First, solve the problem. You want a job but you don't have what they all need? Then you need to learn the things they need.

Really, that will solve EVERYTHING. You don't need help, you just didn't like the answer (= learn Finnish).

Monovo Koko

Post by Monovo Koko » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:32 pm

Thnx guys, but I am not stupid, all that I know, and btw I am learning language.

Anyway thank you all.

biscayne

Post by biscayne » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:27 am

I know you don't want to be judged etc., so let us just stay with the facts:
  • What is your profession/educational level?
    Do you know if it is a required skill in Finland?

You can come to Finland and stay for 3 months while looking for work because you are an EU citizen. Can you support yourself for 3 months? You would need about 1500-2000 per month minimum.(in reality, as long as you can support yourself they won't kick you out because you are EU)

Do you have any family/friends/place to live in Finland - it will be difficult to find an apartment to rent without work references, salary document, bank account in Finland etc. No landlord will give you an apartment.

Do you understand that you will receive no benefits or integration classes of any kind in Finland unless you are registered here and you cannot get registered without a "reason". Just coming to Finland looking for work does not entitle you to get into the system. You would need to self-fund everything - language classes etc.
You could easily burn through 20,000e in one year here just on the basics. If you have money and time, then you can come and try.

You find jobs in Finland through the unemployment office, Monster.fi (in Finnish), newspaper advertisements and recruitment companies.