IT Support, IT Tech, Desktop Tech

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
habibikoy

Post by habibikoy » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:47 pm

Good Evening,
So this is my second post in this forum. I am currently working here in Saudi Arabia as IT Support. Now, I am planning to visit my GF on a short-term visit there in Finland after my contract expires(about after 2 months). My question is, are there also jobs that will suit me like the jobs mentioned on the subject? Upon searching the internet, I didn't found that many job hirings for those jobs in Finland. Thanks!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Kifkfo

Re: IT Support, IT Tech, Desktop Tech

Post by Kifkfo » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:55 pm

There are much more people educated in Finland in "IT support" than there are actual jobs to be filled. Also apparently you don't speak Finnish. So, forget. If you can code well etc. the situation is of course different. Why is your GF in Finland and you in Saudi Arabia?

Also I forgot that apparently you would of course have no permit to work. Employers would need to show that there are no suitable people for the job in the whole EU.

betelgeuse

Re: IT Support, IT Tech, Desktop Tech

Post by betelgeuse » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:57 am

Kifkfo wrote:Employers would need to show that there are no suitable people for the job in the whole EU.
The employer does not need to show anything. TE-office does the research on their own. The barrier is lower. The suitable EU worker would also need to be willing to move to Finland in a reasonable time.