Computer Science Intership

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
hragterzian

Post by hragterzian » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:46 pm

hey there, i am looking for a 2-3 months internship in the summer of 2017, from june till august
im very skilled in java, html, php, java script, xml, xsd and many minor languages
ive already worked 3 internships in the past 2 years and am currently finishing my 3rd year in university
i have my highschool diploma and by 2018 will have my ABET University degree (BS in computer science)

im not looking for a highly paid intership, just enough for housing, basic needs, and the plane ticket aprx 600$

so maybe 1000 eur per month, (idk the pricing of housing and food ect in finland)

i do have my US passport and dont know if i need a visa for intership, any help would be great

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

leisl

Re: Computer Science Intership

Post by leisl » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:01 am

What are your citizenships? Only US? To be employed here at any salary including zero, you generally need to be an EU citizen unless some kind of specialty applies (more than 3000e a month I think). I had no idea what ABET is so I googled, apparently it's American, hot tip, this isn't America, so you should explain rather than assume anyone will know or care. ;)

Finland loves Finnish workers, sort of vaguely accepts EU citizen workers, and has no interest in letting anyone else in here unless they've got something we want. Nothing in your message suggests you've got anything Finland wants, so probably the answer will be no. Don't feel bad though, almost all Americans assume they can live anywhere they want until they actually try to do it and discover the world doesn't particularly want them ;) I don't think Finland will happen for you unless you can perhaps arrange an exchange with a university here? Best to ask your own uni whether it can be a thing. That'd be the way to do it imo.

Or tell us more about your situ... why Finland? Is there a boyfriend/girlfriend here perhaps? That might make it easier. In the mean time start with the Migri home page as you can look through the ways that you can legit come to Finland - remember you need a "reason" to be here according to their standards, not according to what you're personally wanting. Or others might have some kind of suggestion for a loophole which might work for you.