Tax Issues for my side business!!!

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
marcusdantes

Post by marcusdantes » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:53 pm

Hello,

I would be glad if anyone here can guide or advice on what to do. I am an international student in Finland, I currently have a part time job and a tax card. I plan to start working on an online business (internet marketing) once I get home every evening and I really can't tell how much I will be making. Would such income be due for taxation?How do I handle tax related issue as I do not want to find myself on the wrong side of the law?

Regards

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Tax Issues for my side business!!!

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:30 pm

marcusdantes wrote:I am an international student in Finland, I currently have a part time job and a tax card. I plan to start working on an online business (internet marketing) once I get home every evening and I really can't tell how much I will be making. Would such income be due for taxation?
Yes.
marcusdantes wrote: How do I handle tax related issue as I do not want to find myself on the wrong side of the law?
If you need to invoice, you will need to register for a business id with the tax administration. This means they will require you to submit a sole trader tax return every year. Otherwise you will report on the regular tax return. I recommend getting an accountant for the first year or so until you are accustomed to the paperwork.