I'm looking for a network engineer job in Helsinki

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
Rio_from_japan

Post by Rio_from_japan » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:08 pm

Hi.
I am currently still living and working in japan, however, since I got married last year in October and my wife is a resident of Finland, I am looking for employment with a Finnish company. I've already checked and send to Nokia,Fujitsu,Sonera,Saunalahti,DNA and Elisa and have not gotten answers yet. but , there are not so much jobs in helsinki area. :(
I've already experienced as network engineer for six years. I speak fluently Japanese and very good English.
If you know jobs, Please let me know .

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

PJG

Re: I'm looking for a network engineer job in Helsinki

Post by PJG » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:26 am

Rio_from_japan wrote:Hi.
I am currently still living and working in japan, however, since I got married last year in October and my wife is a resident of Finland, I am looking for employment with a Finnish company. I've already checked and send to Nokia,Fujitsu,Sonera,Saunalahti,DNA and Elisa and have not gotten answers yet. but , there are not so much jobs in helsinki area. :(
I've already experienced as network engineer for six years. I speak fluently Japanese and very good English.
If you know jobs, Please let me know .
Is your expertise on the IT Infrastructure side of things, or purely telecom network hardware?

Rio_from_japan

Post by Rio_from_japan » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:38 am

Sorry,i didn't write about it. my expertise is on the IT Infrastructure side as a designer ,Troubleshooter and Operator . Cisco , Juniper , F5 and so on.

masao

Post by masao » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:02 pm

Hi.
Well, marrying a Finn and trying to move here. I just say "Gokuroosan" to you.
At the beginning of the competition, Saara Aalto said, "there is nothing in the country. I can not even breathe" and I agree with her.
In an interview, Peter Stormare said that he had left Sweden because it's too close to Russia. I agree with him.

Back to the topic.
One of them is not doing very well.

http://www.iltasanomat.fi/taloussanomat ... 38109.html

With your Japanese language ability, you may have more opportunities in other companies.
Do you really want to stick to the network engineer's job?

t, masao
Bone, Thugs, 'n' Harmony

Rio_from_japan

Post by Rio_from_japan » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:50 pm

i've heard about the competition. but still , i have to get something my job.
i don't have to stick to network engineer jobs. i just thought that network engineer skills will give me opportunities.

masao

Post by masao » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:58 pm

Hi.
This company is quite frequently recruiting for various positions lately.
If you are somehow qualified, you may contact them.
If everything goes well, they may pay your move.

t, masao

https://tyopaikat.oikotie.fi/yritys/mur ... /tyopaikat
Bone, Thugs, 'n' Harmony

Rio_from_japan

Post by Rio_from_japan » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:33 pm

sorry for late my reply. I'll send them ! thank you !!!

Rio_from_japan

Post by Rio_from_japan » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:31 pm

I'm still looking for job in finland. if you can help me, please help me.
I don't stick the network engineer work. if I get the opportunity to work there, I'll try.
Of course, to get the network engineer job in Finland is the best for me.
please send to this my contact if you can give any kind of job for me or give me any advice, [email protected] thanks for your concern.

my experience
Network Operator / Network Troubleshooter / Network designer
•Cisco routers 800 / 1800 / 1900 / 2600 / 2800 series
•Cisco switches C2950 / C2960 / C3560 / C3750 / C6500 / N5000 / N7000
•Cisco ASA 5505 / 5510 / 5520 / 5540 firewalls
•Cisco Wireless Control System – Aironet APs and controllers
•Cisco Prime Infrastructure
•Cisco Aironet
•Cisco ACE
•Cisco CSM
•HAUWEI switches S5700
•Routing protocols RIP / OSPF / EIGRP / BGP
•VLANs / STP / RSTP / Etherchannel / MST
•VPNs – GRE / IPSec / SSL / MPLS
•Juniper switches EX Series
•Juniper firewalls SSG/ ISG / SRX
•TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, WINS
•WireShark
•Microsoft Windows Servers 2000 / 2003 / 2008 / 2012
•Microsoft Office 2000 / XP / 2003 / 2007 / 2013
•BlueCoat
•Fortigate
•F5 LTM / GTM / VIPRION / BIG-IP
•Alteon
•LINUX SHELL script

Piet

Post by Piet » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:17 pm

First of all, I wish you the best of luck with your wife, that is the most important thing.

Further regarding the job, reading your posts, I cannot really say your English would be good for English standards but for Finnish standards for sure it is.
The Network engineer business, well I guess most will depend on your relatives, relations and friends. Without those, you will most likely never get in the same job you had, unless you have exceptional skills.

Important to have might be CCNA or CCNE or MCSE etc. for this job, I do not know from you post if you actually have those international papers, that would greatly help your case and only because those are international standardized certificates.

Something else, applying online or by email will not get you anywhere, 99 out of 100 don't even read it or at least will never reply,
You have to walk into a company (if possible) and ask for the right department manager and ask personally for any open positions, leave your CV at the same time with that manager. This will result in more effect than writing letters. :!:

The problem you will have is that the current job market for (network) engineers in general is already bad for 8 or 9 years and is only getting worse because of all the foreign take-overs and sales, after which whole companies are dismantled leaving a lot of engineers searching for a job. Add to this that from about 10 years ago until at least a few years ago, about 20% more engineers graduated from educations every year, than there was work for them. So there is a huge imbalance in the amount of offered work and job seekers.

I would advise you to re-educate yourself into the field of healthcare a.s.a.p. so you can still take advantage of the shortage of personnel there (won't take long with all budgets cuts nowadays).

Don't look surprised if you find yourself driving a public transport bus in a year or two or find yourself stuck in a supermarket or cleaning job, although those jobs mostly go to the refugee immigrants with a permanent status, because they are mostly uneducated and therefore are less of a risk of leaving for a better job.

Summarized, if you ever want to find a job similar to what you do now, you will probably need "suhteet" which translates as relations that recommend you for the job.

Above is based on my own experience, although I am retired now 8) so I am not trying to get a job any-more, that is for the young and wild :lol:

And remember, Capitalism is a pyramid game, you must be willing to be part of that, but don't let it come in between you and your wife. :!:

Good luck :thumbsup:
If god would give us the source code, we could change the world