Register business/ company

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
mk4224

Post by mk4224 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:50 am

Hi,

I am in Finland with Student Visa. I am new in Finland. I work as freelancer. Can I register company in Finland so I can pay taxes easily. Please advise how to register business and taxes go here.

Thanks

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Rosamunda

Re: Register business/ company

Post by Rosamunda » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:31 am

Where are you studying? Most of the universities (including UAS) have startup schools or similar where they can give support to students who want to set up their own company. In some cases (depending on your studies) you might even be able to earn credits for this, so it is worth looking into.

There is also help available here: https://yrityssuomi.fi/en/

...and a huge amount of info already on this forum if you take a look in the appropriate section.

The kind of company you should register depends on several things. What is your expected turnover? Are you B2B or B2C? Are you invoicing your customers or are they paying you a salary? Are you a permanent resident of an EU country? Are you selling your products/services in Finland or exporting?