Employment in FINLAND for UK luthier

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
TheTuch

Post by TheTuch » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:37 pm

a) I have years of experience: Setting up acoustic & Electric guitars.
b) Would/could anyone assist /advice me.. here?..
I understand that i would have to apply for permanent residency etc & must automatically find accomodation (temporary rental) but....i (will) have the finances to purchase a home,once my UK home is sold etc.(within next 6 months)
i am single male.64 years old.
Are skilled guitar technicians sought after in FINLAND ?
I am contemplating ..Self employment/Own Shop premises,unless a (gtr/music ) shop could offer me employment obviously.
Anyone advise,assist me further.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Upphew

Re: Employment in FINLAND for UK luthier

Post by Upphew » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:34 am

TheTuch wrote:a) I have years of experience: Setting up acoustic & Electric guitars.
I understand that i would have to apply for permanent residency etc & must automatically find accomodation (temporary rental) but....i (will) have the finances to purchase a home,once my UK home is sold etc.(within next 6 months)
I am contemplating ..Self employment/Own Shop premises,unless a (gtr/music ) shop could offer me employment obviously.
Are you UK citizen? UK is still in EU and in EU we have this thing called free movement -> no need for residence permit. Finding job as guitar technician... no idea on the prospects. Do you have any contacts here?
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

RumpaliPoika

Post by RumpaliPoika » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:19 pm

Upphew wrote:
TheTuch wrote:a) I have years of experience: Setting up acoustic & Electric guitars.
Are you UK citizen? UK is still in EU and in EU we have this thing called free movement -> no need for residence permit. Finding job as guitar technician... no idea on the prospects. Do you have any contacts here?

UK citizens don't need residents permits??? We can just move there and start working and living?

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:46 pm

RumpaliPoika wrote:UK citizens don't need residents permits??? We can just move there and start working and living?
Yes. For stays longer than three months you need to satisfy the authorities that you won't become a burden on the social security system or risk being deported.

RumpaliPoika

Post by RumpaliPoika » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:48 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
RumpaliPoika wrote:UK citizens don't need residents permits??? We can just move there and start working and living?
Yes. For stays longer than three months you need to satisfy the authorities that you won't become a burden on the social security system or risk being deported.
How does one satisfy the authorities a in this case? I heard you have to have an interview with the police?

garylaw161079

Post by garylaw161079 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:42 pm

Hello

Are you already living in Finland? I need some work done on my guitar. PM me

Regards

Gary