tax adviser recommendations

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
clifop

Post by clifop » Thu May 04, 2017 8:08 pm

Hey guys, I know this gets asked from time to time but as far as I can tell the posts are quite old and don't really seem to have an answer.

But can anyone recommend a tax adviser in the Helsinki area? I'm a sole trader just making a bit of money and I'm starting to navigate the whole VAT, tax reporting process but I worry I'm doing things incorrectly. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Rosamunda

Re: tax adviser recommendations

Post by Rosamunda » Thu May 04, 2017 9:34 pm

Maybe you just need a bookkeeper. There are accounting rules and regulations and all you need to do is follow them. What are you expecting from a tax advisor other than a bill?

Do you have a toiminimi or a limited company? What's your annual turnover?

clifop

Post by clifop » Thu May 04, 2017 10:42 pm

Yes, maybe just a bookkeeper. I have a toiminimi, I'm not sure what my annual turnover will be as this is the first time I'm doing this but I said 10,000e when I registered.

Rosamunda

Post by Rosamunda » Thu May 04, 2017 10:53 pm

The TE Keskus runs free courses on toiminimi bookkeeping and things like VAT. Sometimes the local municipalities organise them too. But if you're not familiar with bookkeeping, then it is just much easier to find a bookkeeper. They will charge per transaction and then a fixed sum for your tax return. And it's a deductible business expense of course. Of course you could still do the courses so you understand what is happening and eventually you could even take over the books on your own. If you tell us where you live, someone might be able to suggest a local bookkeeper who speaks English.
(I do my own books - I have an Oy and I know a bit about accounting, but wouldn't advise a novice to DIY their accounts.)