Where can I invest €100,000 to generate income?

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
Persian78

Post by Persian78 » Sun May 14, 2017 8:18 pm

Hi,
I'm looking for the best way to invest €100,000 in Finland to have stable income. My education is in Construction Engineering but I don't have enough experience in that field, so I'm thinking about opening a franchise restaurant, coffeeshop or even a gym.

But maybe you have a better idea.
Any suggestion or help would be appreciated! :)

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Alisa Bochkareva

Re: Where can I invest €100,000 to generate income?

Post by Alisa Bochkareva » Mon May 15, 2017 5:29 pm

Plz see your inbox. My colleague wrote a message to you. If there is no message, PM me in here. Thank you

heretostay

Post by heretostay » Tue May 16, 2017 5:24 am

I sent you a PM.

Querfeldein

Post by Querfeldein » Wed May 17, 2017 12:36 am

I hope both the OP and respondents are aware that there's quite a risk of being scammed.

Unless someone promises you unrealistic returns, in Finland, €100,000 isn't nearly enough to live on the returns of a safe investment. Typical business loan rates are below 3% right now, i.e. yielding less than 3000€ in interest per year. If anyone offers you significantly more than that, it means that they are either incompetent, or are not deemed credit worthy by banks. Both should be red flags to you.

https://www.euro-area-statistics.org/ba ... &visited=1

Alisa Bochkareva

Post by Alisa Bochkareva » Wed May 17, 2017 7:28 pm

Querfeldein wrote:I hope both the OP and respondents are aware that there's quite a risk of being scammed.

Unless someone promises you unrealistic returns, in Finland, €100,000 isn't nearly enough to live on the returns of a safe investment. Typical business loan rates are below 3% right now, i.e. yielding less than 3000€ in interest per year. If anyone offers you significantly more than that, it means that they are either incompetent, or are not deemed credit worthy by banks. Both should be red flags to you.

For that money it's possible to buy an apartment which is already rented out and make an income from the tenants. There always be the tenants for non-expensive properties around the Helsinki (Vantaa, Espoo, etc). Second. Also there are few commercial property offers available for average annual rental income of 6-8%. Shall I continue?

rinso

Post by rinso » Thu May 18, 2017 7:23 am

For that money it's possible to buy an apartment which is already rented out and make an income from the tenants.
Money that you'll need for paying your share in the complex and for maintenance which will be decided by the housing cooperation.

Tiwaz

Post by Tiwaz » Tue May 23, 2017 10:16 am

Alisa Bochkareva wrote:
Querfeldein wrote:I hope both the OP and respondents are aware that there's quite a risk of being scammed.

For that money it's possible to buy an apartment which is already rented out and make an income from the tenants. There always be the tenants for non-expensive properties around the Helsinki (Vantaa, Espoo, etc). Second. Also there are few commercial property offers available for average annual rental income of 6-8%. Shall I continue?
Looking at 100k in capitol region gives 8 options, at least one of which is auction.

And if you rent it to someone at "non-expensive" price (rents on smallish apartments are not really high)... Where are YOU going to live? Someplace with lower rent? Welcome to Nowheremäki! That is, after you have deducted various costs from your rental income.

To make living off the rent, you need high value (read, high rent) apartment. And have to find very affordable living conditions for yourself. Very, very difficult combination.