Annulment of contract.

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
rapses

Annulment of contract.

Post by rapses » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:47 pm

I am freelancing in the field of Web analyst. I got a freelancer contract from a media planning agency 6 weeks ago. According to our contract, they had to pay me within 15 days after my work was accepted, but even after 21 days I have not been paid due to their internal bureaucracy. Can I force the contract annulled? I want it to be annulled and not terminated as I would have to not compete with them for 6 months which I want to avoid. Any suggestions??

Annulment of contract.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Annulment of contract.

Post by betelgeuse » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:04 pm

rapses wrote:I am freelancing in the field of Web analyst. I got a freelancer contract from a media planning agency 6 weeks ago. According to our contract, they had to pay me within 15 days after my work was accepted, but even after 21 days I have not been paid due to their internal bureaucracy. Can I force the contract annulled? I want it to be annulled and not terminated as I would have to not compete with them for 6 months which I want to avoid.
Being 6 days late is unlikely to be severe enough to justify cancelling a contract unless explicitly stipulated in the contract. In the meanwhile you can collect late payment interest and collection fees.

rapses

Post by rapses » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:12 pm

Contract says I would be paid within 15 days of assignment completed. There is no clause for or else. I think I can do better without them. How long should I wait before calling annulment. Overdue payment is short of thousand. I can poach their dissatisfied clients if it is annulled.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:15 pm

rapses wrote:Contract says I would be paid within 15 days of assignment completed. There is no clause for or else. I think I can do better without them. How long should I wait before calling annulment. Overdue payment is short of thousand. I can poach their dissatisfied clients if it is annulled.
The other party is unlikely to amicably agree if you start poaching their clients. Only asking for a court judgment certifying that the contract has been cancelled, would provide legal certainty.