Lapland winter job

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
Fluffy

Lapland winter job

Post by Fluffy » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:56 pm

Hello people! :)
My friend and I would like to spend winter/Christmas time in Lapland by earning some money. We heard that living costs in Finland are quite high so we would like to know how much money we need to get by until first salary? We are searching for employers who offer accommodation because we are not from Finland.
As well, if you could tell us what resorts (etc.) offer staff accommodation that would be great!
Any advice on this subject would be highly appreciated!!
Greetings from hot Croatia :beer_yum:

Lapland winter job

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

SuomiJim

Re: Lapland winter job

Post by SuomiJim » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:44 pm

Hi Fluffy,

I did a season in Levi Lapland with the British company Inghams / Workaseason, it was great! They provide your accommodation, expenses and a small wage along with bonuses. It was not a massive wage but plenty enough to get by and enjoy yourself at the same time. When I was there, there were employees working there from outside of the UK so I think you would be fine applying to them. It might be worth sending them an email and finding out some more info.

Let me know if you require any more info.

metsämurmeli

Re: Lapland winter job

Post by metsämurmeli » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:15 pm

SuomiJim wrote:Hi Fluffy,

I did a season in Levi Lapland with the British company Inghams / Workaseason, it was great! They provide your accommodation, expenses and a small wage along with bonuses. It was not a massive wage but plenty enough to get by and enjoy yourself at the same time. When I was there, there were employees working there from outside of the UK so I think you would be fine applying to them. It might be worth sending them an email and finding out some more info.

Let me know if you require any more info.
Mind to tell how much the wage was? I cannot PM you, I guess because I am new on the forum, but maybe you can PM me. In case you do not want to post it in the thread, which I would understand, of course. :)