holiday bonus and resignation

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
san_student

Post by san_student » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:57 pm

hi everyone ,

i really need information about holiday bonus. so i am working in a company almost two years and i have total 24 days holiday, which I divided into two section:
17th June to 6th July
16th September to 26 September

when i went to the holidays , i had some issue and have to resign from my job. so i submitted my resignation 29th of june with 2 week period notice ,so my employment end 13th July.during tHAT TIME I HAVE NO WORKING SHIFT.i did my last working shift in 16th june.so here is my situation:

now my employer told me that you will get your holiday payment but no holiday bonus. because you resigned during holiday.
for holiday bonus, you should come back from holiday and do some shift.

my question is it true? i thought holiday bonus please someone clarify and advice

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: holiday bonus and resignation

Post by betelgeuse » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:17 pm

san_student wrote: now my employer told me that you will get your holiday payment but no holiday bonus. because you resigned during holiday.
for holiday bonus, you should come back from holiday and do some shift.

my question is it true? i thought holiday bonus please someone clarify and advice
The rules depend on the collective bargaining agreement and the work agreement so it's impossible to say anything universal with certainty. However, the original term loosely translate as compensation for returning from holiday so it would make sense what the employer says. You should talk with your union.

san_student

Re: holiday bonus and resignation

Post by san_student » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:37 pm

i have COLLECTIVE LABOUR AGREEMENT For the Facilities Services Sector. i was part time worker and had 20 hours for 3 weeks cobtract.