Blah Blah Blah

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
ehab101

Blah Blah Blah

Post by ehab101 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:59 am

Hi everyone,

Your help and assistance towards this topic would be highly appreciated. :)
Last edited by ehab101 on Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:45 am, edited 3 times in total.

Blah Blah Blah

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: When can I start work after arriving in Finland on study

Post by betelgeuse » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:30 pm

ehab101 wrote:I recently received approval on my study permit and will be arriving to start my studies very soon. I was wondering if someone can help me out on some information. When am I able to start part time work after arriving, do I need to attain a permit for work, or there is no requirement for such?
On day one in Finland. The residence permit doubles as a work permit and has info about student limitations for the employer.

ehab101

Post by ehab101 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:27 am

betelgeuse wrote:
ehab101 wrote:I recently received approval on my study permit and will be arriving to start my studies very soon. I was wondering if someone can help me out on some information. When am I able to start part time work after arriving, do I need to attain a permit for work, or there is no requirement for such?
On day one in Finland. The residence permit doubles as a work permit and has info about student limitations for the employer.
Thank you for your response and the information you shared. It was helpful since I am unable to find anything on this matter on the web. :)

heretostay

Post by heretostay » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:24 am

http://www.studyinfinland.fi/practical_ ... ng_studies

Make sure you stay within the hours per week limitations while classes are in session

HeidiLiang

Post by HeidiLiang » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:33 pm

Hello,

If I remember correctly, student can work up to 20 hours per week. Good luck. Use Linkedin or mol.fi to find desire jobs. If you are doing great, probably you will get a full time job after graduation.

Good luck!

ehab101

Post by ehab101 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:56 pm

HeidiLiang wrote:Hello,

If I remember correctly, student can work up to 20 hours per week. Good luck. Use Linkedin or mol.fi to find desire jobs. If you are doing great, probably you will get a full time job after graduation.

Good luck!
Thank you for your kind words and for the information