Hiring family member from outside Finland

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
saranghe

Post by saranghe » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:20 pm

Hei,

I have been searching information about this issue but could not find a good answer so I would like to ask here. Any information is appreciated.

I am living now with my spouse in Finland with a continuous residence permit and working in a restaurant. I want to start my own business, for example, to run a lunch restaurant/coffee shop or something similar. So my question is: Is it possible if I can hire my family member (either parents/brother/sister) from my home country to come to Finland and work in my restaurant? (I have heard (not yet verified) that most of the Thai restaurants they hire people from Thailand to come work in Finland). If yes, is there any requirements for to hire people from outside Finland? If you know any website I can find info about this issue please let me know.

Thank you and looking forward to hearing from all of you.
BR,

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Hiring family member from outside Finland

Post by betelgeuse » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:28 pm

saranghe wrote: I am living now with my spouse in Finland with a continuous residence permit and working in a restaurant. I want to start my own business, for example, to run a lunch restaurant/coffee shop or something similar. So my question is: Is it possible if I can hire my family member (either parents/brother/sister) from my home country to come to Finland and work in my restaurant? (I have heard (not yet verified) that most of the Thai restaurants they hire people from Thailand to come work in Finland). If yes, is there any requirements for to hire people from outside Finland? If you know any website I can find info about this issue please let me know.
Hiring a family member to work is like hiring anyone else from outside the EU to work.

http://www.migri.fi/working_in_finland

saranghe

Re: Hiring family member from outside Finland

Post by saranghe » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:14 am

betelgeuse wrote:
Hiring a family member to work is like hiring anyone else from outside the EU to work.

http://www.migri.fi/working_in_finland
Thank you for your answer.