How to make money using your car

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
miikkanokka

Post by miikkanokka » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:04 pm

I was a super customer of Uber when it was operating in Finland. Most drivers were hard-working foreigners and some of them told me that they were making +3000€. I always found that a not so bad income.

Now I got my brand new car and thinking of also using it to get some extra cash. Any ideas on how to do that here? in a country where Uber is temporarily out of business in the capital.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

wolf80

Re: How to make money using your car

Post by wolf80 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:16 pm

miikkanokka wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:04 pm
I was a super customer of Uber when it was operating in Finland. Most drivers were hard-working foreigners and some of them told me that they were making +3000€. I always found that a not so bad income.

Now I got my brand new car and thinking of also using it to get some extra cash. Any ideas on how to do that here? in a country where Uber is temporarily out of business in the capital.
I personally would not count on Uber coming back too soon.

About your question, there is all kinds of food delivery services nowadays. But those don't pay too well, and I'd say it's impossible to make even close to the money you described.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:51 pm

wolf80 wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:16 pm
Why? It will be legal for Uber to operate in the summer.

wolf80

Post by wolf80 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:17 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:51 pm
wolf80 wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:16 pm
Why? It will be legal for Uber to operate in the summer.
Yeah, but as far as I understand still not in the same way as in other countries as you will still need a taxi driver's license.

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:19 am

miikkanokka wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:04 pm

Rent your car: www.shareitbloxcar.fi
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

ruusu25

Post by ruusu25 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:14 pm

There are a lot of flat-finding/second-hand goods groups on Facebook. Lots of people in those post about needing/offering paid transport for belongings during moves. You could try that. Not sure how profitable it is.

FinnGuyHelsinki

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:44 am

3000€/month gross might be doable, but that's something quite different after having paid taxes and taking into account the costs of owning and using a car. Definitely not a gold mine now, likely even less when taxi licenses become more easily available, increasing the amount of cars.

If you need money, the best and easiest option is to sell the car and buy a cheaper one. A new car loses easily thousands of its value each year.