CNC Operator - entry level

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
Hubert_R

Post by Hubert_R » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:58 pm

Hi guys,

I would like to ask you for an opinion. I've passed the course for CNC Operators and Programers in my home country recently and generaly speaking, that's my the strongest point in the field. It's a piece of cake to find a job as a CNC Operator (trainee) in Poland, but somehow, I can't find so many job offers in Finland. Most of them require at least few years of experience. I'd already worked in a few places in Finland and woud love to learn this profession there as well, instead of choosing my home country. Is it really a must to get some experience somewhere else, before attempting finding a job in Finland? Could you advise me some big companies in Finland? In Poland, the biggest companies usually suffer from a lack of employees (the point is, they offer bad working conditions and that's why they need more workers constantly, but it's a different story) and that's the easiest way to get into the business. How does it look like in Soumi?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

biryvih

Re: CNC Operator - entry level

Post by biryvih » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:55 am

There are jobs in CNC but not necessarily in bigger cities. Many industrial type of factories are in middle Finland, and it is fairly easy to get in. I'd say learn some technical Finnish and that would go long way. Years ago I worked in such place and I do remember there were people from different nationalities.

If you are really serious about finding something in Finland, than you will need to be in Finland. I am not saying you can't get some sort of invitation, but when Finns are more trusted and available within range, why would someone give you a call?

You can search Vaasa region and Keski-Pohjanmaan region, a lot of small companies doing CNC stuff.