With the self-employment visa in Finland, Can I work other part time jobs?

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
Danny Rahul

Post by Danny Rahul » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:55 pm

Hi,

Currently, I am a master's student and planning to start my own startup company in Finland in the field of IT and Engineering consulting. Also, I am planning to change my residence permit visa from B to A. I am investing 10k Euros for my business and estimate my monthly salary as 800 euros.Since it is not enough for me to cover my monthly expenses. So I am planning to do part-time jobs ( Post, Restaurant, Wolt, etc ) during in weekends, evenings and when I am off.

But I am bit aware can I able to work in part-time jobs with the self-employed visa or while I am applying for a self-employed visa can I attach any other contracts for part-time?

BR,
Danny

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Brent

Re: With the self-employment visa in Finland, Can I work other part time jobs?

Post by Brent » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:14 pm

I think you are not allowed to work outside of your industry.

biryvih

Re: With the self-employment visa in Finland, Can I work other part time jobs?

Post by biryvih » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:29 am

But I am bit aware can I able to work in part-time jobs with the self-employed visa or while I am applying for a self-employed visa can I attach any other contracts for part-time?
This is what I found on Migri's Page.. http://migri.fi/en/self-employed-person

"If you have a residence permit for a self-employed person, you cannot do any other kind of work. However, you are allowed to work for someone else in the early stage of your entrepreneurship when your business does not yet give you sufficient means of support."

Send an email to Migri or better meet someone in person at Migri, I think they'd guide you better on this topic.

Good Luck.