Looking for Work.

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
Joskostarc 12

Looking for Work.

Post by Joskostarc 12 » Sun May 13, 2018 7:23 pm

Kind Regards ,

Hello everyone , firstly let me introduce myself, my name is Josko, I come from a country called Slovenia, I'm 21 years of age, and I have recently moved to tampere / hervanta region to my girlfriend.

I came here beacuse In search of atleast a better quality of life for myself then where I previously was. So far so good. THe only issue ofcourse is hencing the title -Work-..

I have been applying, searching for jobs, since February applying for over 100's of job listings / applications. Even on sites like monster.fi , staffpoint. YOu all know them and many more I forgot the names off.

While I understand aswell that this is the summer time and alot alot alot of people are looking and applying for jobs, and of'course beacuse of the language barrier the locals will have an easier time than us Foreigners. Now what I am intending with this forum is to simply get to know some of you and I am also very open to any opinons, discussions.. and Obviously I would greatly and humbly appreciate if some here who have been in the same situation give me a pointer or a hint where to look and or what to do.

Any questions feel free to ask them and I will answer them as quickly and effectivly as possible! :))

Looking for Work.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

rinso

Re: Looking for Work.

Post by rinso » Sun May 13, 2018 8:39 pm

Joskostarc 12 wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 7:23 pm
Kind Regards ,

Hello everyone , firstly let me introduce myself, my name is Josko, I come from a country called Slovenia, I'm 21 years of age, and I have recently moved to tampere / hervanta region to my girlfriend.

I came here beacuse In search of atleast a better quality of life for myself then where I previously was. So far so good. THe only issue ofcourse is hencing the title -Work-..

I have been applying, searching for jobs, since February applying for over 100's of job listings / applications. Even on sites like monster.fi , staffpoint. YOu all know them and many more I forgot the names off.

While I understand aswell that this is the summer time and alot alot alot of people are looking and applying for jobs, and of'course beacuse of the language barrier the locals will have an easier time than us Foreigners. Now what I am intending with this forum is to simply get to know some of you and I am also very open to any opinons, discussions.. and Obviously I would greatly and humbly appreciate if some here who have been in the same situation give me a pointer or a hint where to look and or what to do.

Any questions feel free to ask them and I will answer them as quickly and effectivly as possible! :))
You tried the normal route and it didn't work (no surprise there).
Now you have to explore your girlfriends network/family to try to get introductions.
And get some information how to promote yourself (solid but not over the top, no bragging).

clausc

Post by clausc » Mon May 14, 2018 5:21 am

rinso wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 8:39 pm
Now you have to explore your girlfriends network/family to try to get introductions.
And get some information how to promote yourself (solid but not over the top, no bragging).
I'm new to Finland. Why do you say 'no surprise there'? Is that the general consensus around these parts?

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Mon May 14, 2018 10:58 am

clausc wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 5:21 am
rinso wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 8:39 pm
I'm new to Finland. Why do you say 'no surprise there'? Is that the general consensus around these parts?
Many Finns send hundreds of applications without any bites. 21 yo without Finnish skills nor any skills in high demand will most likely not be the best candidate for a job in a country that uses mainly Finnish to communicate.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

Joskostarc 12

Post by Joskostarc 12 » Mon May 14, 2018 1:27 pm

Still, but I do not believe such, My only barrier is Finnish language. Yet I see alot of people here foreigners who barely speak finnish get good jobs, I do not need a full time, in IT or a business manager, SImple construction, warehouse , just simple jobs. I believe they do not need some diploma either. I have a degree out of construction / certificate.

I come from a country where I was working for over 200 hours per month for 3.5 eur an hour. I promote even if I do get a job that lands me 2 or 1x a week work. As long as there is.. some form of income.

I know the basics of Finnish, phrases and such, understand aswell. Trough my girlfriends family they are all on the lookout for jobs aswell. Currently I know there are a ton of jobs without language barriers. I'm not looking for high skilled jobs employements where itrequired fluent Finnish, high diplomas etc. Just a normal , simple job. Even cleaning the streets. Gardening.. Washing dishes etc.

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Mon May 14, 2018 7:32 pm

Joskostarc 12 wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 1:27 pm
Even cleaning the streets.
Needs safety card... our degree/course/licence/card system for everything is nuts.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

FinnGuyHelsinki

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Tue May 15, 2018 9:05 am

Joskostarc 12 wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 1:27 pm
Still, but I do not believe such, My only barrier is Finnish language. Yet I see alot of people here foreigners who barely speak finnish get good jobs, I do not need a full time, in IT or a business manager, SImple construction, warehouse , just simple jobs. I believe they do not need some diploma either. I have a degree out of construction / certificate.

I come from a country where I was working for over 200 hours per month for 3.5 eur an hour. I promote even if I do get a job that lands me 2 or 1x a week work. As long as there is.. some form of income.

I know the basics of Finnish, phrases and such, understand aswell. Trough my girlfriends family they are all on the lookout for jobs aswell. Currently I know there are a ton of jobs without language barriers. I'm not looking for high skilled jobs employements where itrequired fluent Finnish, high diplomas etc. Just a normal , simple job. Even cleaning the streets. Gardening.. Washing dishes etc.
The thing is, for most available jobs, there are multiple people wanting to get it. And, as already stated, many of even the seemingly menial jobs require some sort of formal training; cleaning, working in a kitchen, warehouse work (e.g. driving a forklift),... otherwise the employer would be risking liabiility themselves. If the working language is Finnish, even though many Finns speak English, it would be an extra burden to have to teach and explain everything in English, and there might be colleagues that cannot really communicate in English. So it's a matter of how you rank - in the eyes of the employer - among the candidates for a given job.

By all means stay active and I'm sure you ultimately will find something, just understand there are reasons why getting a job without qualifications or connections is difficult. While you're searching, get on a Finnish language course, it really is key in many cases. It would be also worthwhile to start getting those qualifications (trainings at least for some are available also in English), some of which aren't that costly, e.g. course for hygienipassi required for working in a commercial kitchen runs at around 50€, forklift courses ~100€,.. That way you're also showing your proactive attitude towards your potential employers.

Joskostarc 12

Post by Joskostarc 12 » Tue May 15, 2018 6:47 pm

Aye I have found that alot of these certificates / cards is absurd but then again employees here are protected alot. ( birocracy ) and all that which is good in some way. While I am getting like the occupational safety card done, the finnish course which is at 18 lessons at 18 hours is ..around 300 eur which is for me atm, with no income expensive as hell. But then again I understand what you mean. And aye, Just have to keep looking, thanks!

mynuddin

Post by mynuddin » Tue May 22, 2018 7:25 pm

i need job too. I am an SEO Expert with 3+ Years of experience and i am capable of delivering top results to every client. I have optimized a number of website and had provided best results to my every client. I am well aware about the latest updates of Google and i work according to the latest trend of search engine abiding all the guidelines of Google. If hired by you, i will put in my best efforts and will provide you the best services so as to get the desired results.
Thanks,
Mynuddin