Working as doctor in Finland

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
Cirimaru

Post by Cirimaru » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:05 pm

Hi Everyone!
I'm a Portuguese girl and I'm moving to Finland in the end of the summer. I just become a doctor and I am now taking care of the paper work so i can acquire the license to practice medicine in Finland. I have been reading extensively about the process and still have some doubts about the certificates that Valvira requires.
They want a: "4. Certificate of a license to practice your profession issued by a competent foreign authority if you have been licensed to practice your profession in a country other than Finland. This certificate must be no more than three months old and it must indicate that the license is valid and not subject to any restrictions. If you have been licensed to practice your profession in more than one country, you must submit the certificates from all those countries in either the original or as a copy.
"5.If you cannot provide the certificate mentioned in point 4, the proof that practitioners of this profession are not registered in said country must be established by means of a certificate to that effect issued by the competent authority of the said country or a proof by other reliable means."
So, in my case i am not registered, so where could i get this "proof that practitioners of this profession are not registered in said country"?

Also "6. Certificate issued by a competent authority verifying that your qualification complies with EU requirements, either in the original or as a copy." Where can i get said certificate?

Is there anyone here that went through this process that could help me?
Anyways, if anyone could tell me where i need to go to acquire the certificates I would be very grateful! :)
Thanks for all the help!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Upphew

Re: Working as doctor in Finland

Post by Upphew » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:37 am

Cirimaru wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:05 pm
Hi Everyone!
I'm a Portuguese girl and I'm moving to Finland in the end of the summer. I just become a doctor and I am now taking care of the paper work so i can acquire the license to practice medicine in Finland. I have been reading extensively about the process and still have some doubts about the certificates that Valvira requires.
They want a: "4. Certificate of a license to practice your profession issued by a competent foreign authority if you have been licensed to practice your profession in a country other than Finland. This certificate must be no more than three months old and it must indicate that the license is valid and not subject to any restrictions. If you have been licensed to practice your profession in more than one country, you must submit the certificates from all those countries in either the original or as a copy.
"5.If you cannot provide the certificate mentioned in point 4, the proof that practitioners of this profession are not registered in said country must be established by means of a certificate to that effect issued by the competent authority of the said country or a proof by other reliable means."
So, in my case i am not registered, so where could i get this "proof that practitioners of this profession are not registered in said country"?

Also "6. Certificate issued by a competent authority verifying that your qualification complies with EU requirements, either in the original or as a copy." Where can i get said certificate?

Is there anyone here that went through this process that could help me?
Anyways, if anyone could tell me where i need to go to acquire the certificates I would be very grateful! :)
Thanks for all the help!
For 4.: it says _if_ you have been licensed.
6.: maybe you should contact your school. I would bet that you are not the first doctor to go abroad.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.