Job opportunities for sales representatives speaking Mandarin/Japanese

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
m4cc

Post by m4cc » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:10 am

Hello,

I am about to move with my girlfriend to Helsinki, she is a non-EU citizen but she will get a residence permit based on our relationship.
I was however wondering how easy it would be for her to find a job that is more or less related to her background in Finland.

She has a Pharmaceutical degree (but I'm not sure how easy it will be to have it recognized within the EU), and she's been working as a sales representative for pharma companies for 6-7 years now. She's currently working for one of the big pharma players.

I would say that her English is fairly good although there is still room for improvement.
She also has perfect Mandarin and Japanese language skills which I guess will be a good asset.

Do you think she will be able to find a job as a sales representative working with Chinese, Japanese, Singaporean customers or within companies that have HQs there? I am not sure how is the panorama in Finland related to business with those regions or if there are a lot of asian multinational companies currently based in Finland.

Otherwise I think she might be able to find a job dealing with Japanese/Chinese tourists, would there be some job opportunities there?

Thank you for your help!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic