How to check someone's Financial credit history

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
madsum

Post by madsum » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:06 am

Hi,

Is there any service (paid or unpaid) to check someone's Financial credit history? Something like does he owe any huge loan or unpaid bill? Or is he bankrupted? Please let me know? Thanks in advance!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: How to check someone's Financial credit history

Post by betelgeuse » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:15 pm

madsum wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:06 am
Is there any service (paid or unpaid) to check someone's Financial credit history? Something like does he owe any huge loan or unpaid bill? Or is he bankrupted? Please let me know? Thanks in advance!
Yes. For example, Asiakastieto ja Bisnode provide such a service. However, checking the credit report is a crime unless you have one of the reasons allowed by law.

https://www.finlex.fi/fi/laki/ajantasa/ ... 0527#L9P42

madsum

Post by madsum » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:27 am

Hi,

Basically, I want to check it for myself. I am living and working in Finland since 2002. I was away from Finland for more than 2.5 years (between 2015 and 2018). To avoid paying any extra tax, I removed myself from the Maserati. Now I returned again. When I went to take new sim for myself. They said that they don't find any history about myself. So they can't give me any new connection unless I deposit 300 euro as security money.

I wonder does it mean all my credit history is gone? Please let me know?

jarikaija

Post by jarikaija » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:09 pm

madsum wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:27 am
They said that they don't find any history about myself. So they can't give me any new connection unless I deposit 300 euro as security money.
Maybe you should choose some other ISP for sim... If you have a credit/debit/electron card, just order sim from "Moi"
https://www.moi.fi/ It would be an easiest way... But I believe, that some other company will give a sim without nagging too...

(Saunalahti) Elisa, telia, moi, dna....

madsum

Post by madsum » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:14 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the information. I already solved my new sim issue. But I might face the similar problem with other services. So I must know my credit history or what happened when I move out of Finland and moved in. I think many people have done this earlier. Please let me know does it really wipes all my previous history in Finland?

jarikaija

Post by jarikaija » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:26 pm

madsum wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:14 pm
Hi,

Thanks for the information. I already solved my new sim issue. But I might face the similar problem with other services. So I must know my credit history or what happened when I move out of Finland and moved in. I think many people have done this earlier. Please let me know does it really wipes all my previous history in Finland?
No, there is not, if you paid all your bills...

And if you haven't finn ID, then you are not registered to finnish credit companys either... Like bissnode and suomen asiakaspalvelu, which keep information about unpaid bills and clear credit history... Unless, if you have unpaid bills, they maid keep that information, even you are not registered to finland anymore.

jarikaija

Post by jarikaija » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:28 pm

If you have a finnish ID you can login to asiakastieto by yourself, pay check price and you will see everything.
Last edited by jarikaija on Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

madsum

Post by madsum » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:31 pm

Thanks a lot for the helpful information. But I always had Finnish social security ID and Finnish bank account active. So even though I unregister myself from the Finnish population system, it should not wipe my credit history. Any idea how to restore it so that I won't face the similar problem again. Btw, I have Finnish citizenship as well.

jarikaija

Post by jarikaija » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:33 pm

madsum wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:31 pm
Thanks a lot for the helpful information. But I always had Finnish social security ID and Finnish bank account active. So even though I unregister myself from the Finnish population system, it should not wipe my credit history. Any idea how to restore it so that I won't face the similar problem again. Btw, I have Finnish citizenship as well.
Just check if some problems.... https://www.asiakastieto.fi/omatieto/fi ... omatietoni

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:51 pm

madsum wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:31 pm
Finland only operates negative credit history. You are confusing things with a positive credit history database. Because there's only a negative database, you are usually not credit worthy until you have been resident for a couple years.

madsum

Post by madsum » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:27 pm

Hi,

I want to find out is there anything negative in my credit history? As I mentioned I lived in Finland since 2002 and also got citizenship. But I was away from Finland for 2.5 years. When I returned to Finland, I found that various company doesn't find my information from the system. So they can't provide their service.

As you have mentioned Finland only operates on the negative credit history. S0 I believe www.asiakastieto.fi checks only negative credit. If not how can check my negative credit history? Please let me the service provider name. Thanks!

jarikaija

Post by jarikaija » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:36 pm

madsum wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:27 pm
Hi,

I want to find out is there anything negative in my credit history? As I mentioned I lived in Finland since 2002 and also got citizenship. But I was away from Finland for 2.5 years. When I returned to Finland, I found that various company doesn't find my information from the system. So they can't provide their service.

As you have mentioned Finland only operates on the negative credit history. S0 I believe www.asiakastieto.fi checks only negative credit. If not how can check my negative credit history? Please let me the service provider name. Thanks!
Don't you understand?????? GO TO CHECK THOSE POSSIBLE NEGATIVE INFORMATION BY www.asiakastieto.fi

Can't be so hard...

Y77

Post by Y77 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:02 am

madsum wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:27 am
Hi,

Basically, I want to check it for myself. I am living and working in Finland since 2002. I was away from Finland for more than 2.5 years (between 2015 and 2018). To avoid paying any extra tax, I removed myself from the Maserati. Now I returned again. When I went to take new sim for myself. They said that they don't find any history about myself. So they can't give me any new connection unless I deposit 300 euro as security money.

I wonder does it mean all my credit history is gone? Please let me know?
not a good idea to remove yourself from the Maserati, you should have removed yourself from a Lamborghini, its a car that keep its value much better in the long term