Looking for a job in Vantaa or Helsinki area

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
ShelbyfromIndy

Post by ShelbyfromIndy » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:32 am

Hello! I would really like to move back to Finland this upcoming spring (2019). I have done well so far in my first professional job with my state government and have really enjoyed the hardworking team atmosphere. Finland is where I would like to be in the future. I absolutely loved it during my last year at university and miss living in Helsinki. I am a native English speaker from Indiana (USA) and I am interested in being an English teacher for individuals or classes if I have an opportunity to. I do not currently have a work permit or residence permit for Finland and I am not an EU citizen.

Since my Finnish language skills are limited it has not been very easy searching for a job. Many businesses that I see hiring seem to require a lot of experience in their field as well. Nonetheless, I am determined that I will find a job and move to Finland again someday. My connection to Finland is because I chose to study at the University of Helsinki in 2016-2017. While in Finland, I met a man that I like quite a bit. It seems me moving to Vantaa may be easier than for him to move to where I live (and generally, Finland is more appealing).

If anyone knows of any job openings that may be interested in hiring a native English speaker with some professional experience, excellent customer service skills, strong communication and grammar skills, and a very positive attitude, please let me know!!! :D

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic