Applying to Unemployment office

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
Husoe

Post by Husoe » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:12 pm

Hello,

My visa got approved a few weeks ago, its type A and my card is still being manufactured or in the post.

I got my work visa because of work but the company I was going to work for fired me before I even started to work. I have a contact.

They didn't give me any reasons, handwritten warnings or anything. They just told me not to show up when my card arrives. that's about it.

My questions are the following,

may I apply for the unemployment benefit before my card arrives in my hand?
is it possible for me to sue the company for firing me for no given reason?

thanks

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

tavastia

Re: Applying to Unemployment office

Post by tavastia » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:11 am

Permit can be canceled if the reason was issued is not there anymore. The company which supported you could have informed Migri about this.
No. You where in probation period.

rinso

Post by rinso » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:48 am

Husoe wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:12 pm
Hello,

My visa got approved a few weeks ago, its type A and my card is still being manufactured or in the post.

I got my work visa because of work but the company I was going to work for fired me before I even started to work. I have a contact.

They didn't give me any reasons, handwritten warnings or anything. They just told me not to show up when my card arrives. that's about it.

thanks
Off course you can apply for unemployment benefits. Whether you get it is another question.
Or you can try other social benefits. But when Kela and TE-keskus look into it, they will discover your permit conditions.
Like tavastia said; being unemployed can be a reason to cancel your permit.
The company which supported you could have informed Migri about this.
If the company doesn't want to be accused of facilitating fake immigration tricks they probably did. And with their attitude of using cheap labor and then firing them, It wouldn't surprise me if they closed all the legal loopholes.
All in all your situation doesn't look good. Time for a plan B.

Did you report your illegal working to the police? If so, there might be a chance they let you stay as a witness.

Rick1

Post by Rick1 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:00 pm

Companies can be as bad as people (it is just a group of people). I would try to get legal help, since you have not worked a minute and have a contract there is something in it for you. Normally they let you come for a day or so and then fire you :twisted: then it would not be a problem for them, this is something else and famous cases have been won by employees, one for being a lesbian it seems.

Husoe

Post by Husoe » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:39 pm

My permit isn't based on my employer, it is a job-specific one tho. I can only work on that field and nothing else. Could it be still canceled because of this? I really need this answered. I have the Type A visa.

Is there a site, number or something that I can get free legal help? I really need it

rinso wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:48 am
Husoe wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:12 pm
Hello,

thanks
Off course you can apply for unemployment benefits. Whether you get it is another question.
Or you can try other social benefits. But when Kela and TE-keskus look into it, they will discover your permit conditions.
Like tavastia said; being unemployed can be a reason to cancel your permit.
The company which supported you could have informed Migri about this.
If the company doesn't want to be accused of facilitating fake immigration tricks they probably did. And with their attitude of using cheap labor and then firing them, It wouldn't surprise me if they closed all the legal loopholes.
All in all your situation doesn't look good. Time for a plan B.

Did you report your illegal working to the police? If so, there might be a chance they let you stay as a witness.

Husoe

Post by Husoe » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:40 pm

I wasn't in the probation period they fired me before I even start to work
tavastia wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:11 am
Permit can be canceled if the reason was issued is not there anymore. The company which supported you could have informed Migri about this.
No. You where in probation period.

rinso

Post by rinso » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:57 am

My permit isn't based on my employer, it is a job-specific one tho. I can only work on that field and nothing else. Could it be still canceled because of this? I really need this answered. I have the Type A visa.
yes