WANTED: Motorcycle and sidecar hire

Public announcements and notices. Also find information on special offers and discounts.
Handsome

Post by Handsome » Mon Sep 22, 2003 1:23 pm

I'm trying to hire a motorcycle and sidecar from somewhere in Finland. If anyone knows of anywhere or anyone, please let me know. I'd need it for a few days in July, next year.

Stu

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Mon Sep 22, 2003 2:00 pm

Theres a place that rents out Harleys.

Or someone with an extra URAL sidecar might be inclined.

Why do you wish a "mother-in-law-killer" with it? :mrgreen:
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

Handsome

Post by Handsome » Mon Sep 22, 2003 2:16 pm

We're tying the knot next year and we'd (or I'd :wink: ) like to ride from the church to the reception by motorbike.

How about a Beetle trike conversion? :wink:

John

Post by John » Mon Sep 22, 2003 4:43 pm

Have you ever riden an outfit? they can be a bit "tricky"to start with, I managed to hit a wall and a car before I got the hang of it, very popular with the family mutt as well :D

Sara

Post by Sara » Mon Sep 22, 2003 5:13 pm

Handsome wrote:We're tying the knot next year and we'd (or I'd :wink: ) like to ride from the church to the reception by motorbike.
what does the Mrs to be say about this? Cant think it would be good for the dress you know (us girls go to a lot of effort!) :o

neil

Post by neil » Mon Sep 22, 2003 5:54 pm

Have you ever riden an outfit? they can be a bit "tricky"to start with, I managed to hit a wall and a car before I got the hang of it, very popular with the family mutt as well
John is just trying to sell you his tractor :wink:
Neil

Please add a link to https://www.finlandforum.org

John

Post by John » Mon Sep 22, 2003 10:39 pm

:D Either that or one of my many bicycles!

gavin

Post by gavin » Mon Sep 22, 2003 10:57 pm

John wrote::D Either that or one of my many bicycles!
check this out:
http://www...com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=1054

bet you could do some business there :wink:

Cheers
Gavin

Handsome

Post by Handsome » Tue Sep 23, 2003 10:02 am

John wrote:Have you ever riden an outfit? they can be a bit "tricky"to start with, I managed to hit a wall and a car before I got the hang of it, very popular with the family mutt as well :D
Nah, I haven't. It'll be my first time. Chances are, though, that I'll need to ride it to the church from somewhere south(ish), so I should be used to it by the time I get there. ...if it's still in one piece.

Handsome

Post by Handsome » Tue Sep 23, 2003 10:06 am

Sara wrote:what does the Mrs to be say about this? Cant think it would be good for the dress you know (us girls go to a lot of effort!) :o
Strange that you mention this. There was a bit of hoo-hah about having to shoe-horn the dress into the sidecar, oh and her hair. :wink: But, I just got this SMS this morning saying it was a romantic idea and she's ok with it.

I'm still in the good books. :)

John

Post by John » Tue Sep 23, 2003 12:38 pm

Riding an "outfit"
Basically if you accelerate the bike turns round the sidecar, if you brake the sidecar trys to turn round the bike.
Straights are the tense times where you plan your next braking or acceleration.
Corners are a little tricky, for left handers you brake and for right handers you accelerate, if space permits and I guess over here its all the opposite! :shock:
Previous motorcycle experience is a disadvantage as you can't lean, or you have to lean the opposite way, but sidecars are tremendous fun and its hard to fall off!
Good luck :D

Handsome

Post by Handsome » Tue Sep 23, 2003 12:52 pm

Christ! Sounds like I'd better do a few car park laps first.

John

Post by John » Tue Sep 23, 2003 12:57 pm

I would hire a couple of days before hand, to practice as you'll have enough to concentrate on on route!

Once it clicks its pretty easy though, just different to cars or bikes :D

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Tue Sep 23, 2003 1:58 pm

Handsome wrote:Christ! Sounds like I'd better do a few car park laps first.
U hum.. It sounds as though you are planning a rural wedding..like farming country....just think on about the prospect of ariving at the reception after having dragged motor cycle and side car.. and new wife :oops: out of a ditch full of what ever the cow had for breakfast last week.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Handsome

Post by Handsome » Tue Sep 23, 2003 3:00 pm

Nah, no harm there. It's going to be in the middle of Vaasa. The bike ride's only a five minute journey from the church to the reception.

As long as no-one thinks we've nicked a merry-go-round from Vaasialandia, we'll be ok. :D