Terry Pratchett - Night Watch

Public announcements and notices. Also find information on special offers and discounts.
AndyJ

Post by AndyJ » Thu Oct 09, 2003 7:43 pm

I have a spare brand-new hardback copy of this book...yes, I have two copies!

Anybody interested in buying it? Any Discworld fans? Anyone care to discover it?

Thanks.

Controversy? You've come to the right place!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

meenfreem

Post by meenfreem » Fri Oct 10, 2003 7:36 am

i just bought the softcover version...

i do have a fair few other pratchett books, my collection is growing :) great stuff, eventhough you shouldn't read his books straight in a row...

Thomas Koren

big fan

Post by Thomas Koren » Fri Oct 10, 2003 9:11 am

Got most of his discworld books, although I lost some in the move to Finland. Also read most of the other books he wrote, he is a brilliant writer, one of my favorites.

AndyJ

Post by AndyJ » Fri Oct 10, 2003 4:04 pm

Good to hear from a couple of fans out there...anyone who sees this post and does not know what it's all about or anyone who has heard of this but never tried...it's worth a look :)

I'd be happy to let the book go for 15eur which has to be good value for just over 360 pages of pure Pratchett!

Cheers!

Claython

Terry Pratchett novels

Post by Claython » Fri Oct 10, 2003 7:50 pm

I actually think it IS better to read his books in the logical order, otherwise some stuff doesn't make much sense otherwise

AndyJ

Re: Terry Pratchett novels

Post by AndyJ » Fri Oct 10, 2003 10:42 pm

Claython wrote:I actually think it IS better to read his books in the logical order, otherwise some stuff doesn't make much sense otherwise
In some cases, I agree, though not necessarily in all. The first one I read was Mort (4th Discworld book) and then I went back and read the first 3. Since then I've grabbed them as soon as I could after publishing!!!

But generally, I find he is pretty good at explaining most references when he feels a new reader might miss something.

timekiller

Post by timekiller » Fri Oct 10, 2003 11:23 pm

I've never read his books, but I've played the games, DW1 & 2. Great fun! And yes, they do play in XP! :)
I think, therefore I'm not drunk!

fionna

Post by fionna » Mon Oct 13, 2003 11:47 am

Night Watch is IMO one of his best books, too.

And I think I've read all of them. Not sure. He lost it a bit a couple of times, round Moving Pictures the first time, and then Jingo etc the second time, so during those times I might have skipped reading one or two.

AndyJ

Post by AndyJ » Mon Oct 13, 2003 4:01 pm

timekiller wrote:I've never read his books, but I've played the games, DW1 & 2. Great fun! And yes, they do play in XP! :)
How about Discoworld Noir? Slightly different in style and content to the others.