Spare part HP PSC500

Public announcements and notices. Also find information on special offers and discounts.

Spare part HP PSC500

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 23, 2003 8:44 am

Anyone know something about prices for spare parts for HP?

My OfficeJet stopped printing yellow color from one day to next.
I think that the contacts on the inkcartridge carrier/wagon are screwed and I need a new carrier/wagon.
(Tried all the other things, like changing the cartridge and taking the protection tape away :P )
Does anyone by any chance maybe happen to know what those things cost?

I saw a new one in offer @ OnOff for € 138, so if it's more than that the choice is easy...

Spare part HP PSC500

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

gavin

Re: Spare part HP PSC500

Post by gavin » Thu Oct 23, 2003 9:19 am

Arno wrote:Anyone know something about prices for spare parts for HP?

My OfficeJet stopped printing yellow color from one day to next.
I think that the contacts on the inkcartridge carrier/wagon are screwed and I need a new carrier/wagon.
(Tried all the other things, like changing the cartridge and taking the protection tape away :P )
Does anyone by any chance maybe happen to know what those things cost?

I saw a new one in offer @ OnOff for € 138, so if it's more than that the choice is easy...
The thing with ink-jet printers is that manufacturers sell them at a loss, and then recoup the money with consumables (I know this because I have a business associate quit high up in HP Europe) - and I just spent 60E on cartridges for Mari's Canon :?

So if I were you I'd buy a b/w laser if you don't need colour, or a new ink-jet if you need colour.

Cheers
Gavin

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Thu Oct 23, 2003 11:40 am

Hey Gavin, you forgot to include the name of the place that sells used laser printers :mrgreen:

I bought an ancient laser printer for a whooppin 120 euros (well, it was 700 marks then) , been using it now for 3-4 years and the cartridge still gives ink. Just sufficient for the 2-3 pages I need maybe once or twice a week at home.
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 23, 2003 12:53 pm

I have the laser already.
And I just bought myself a new OfficeJet 1110 for just € 99,-.

Couldn't have the old one repaired for that 8)

Anyone in need of an HP OfficeJet PSC500 that doesn't print yellow anymore?
Prints and copies in black, cyan and magenta very well and it scans perfectly.
Including installing software, inkcartridges AND an extra color cartridge (value appr. € 45,-).
One buy, € 45,-.

Leave me a message!