Halloween

Public announcements and notices. Also find information on special offers and discounts.
tgabawm

Halloween

Post by tgabawm » Sat Oct 25, 2003 12:54 pm

So, does any of you people plan to celebrate Halloween?

If the drop would say "I am unnecesary", there would be no ocean.
(M. Quoist)

Halloween

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

~luna~

Post by ~luna~ » Sat Oct 25, 2003 2:05 pm

i'll be working to make people well-fed and happy... possibly dressed like a witch :lol:

peek-a-boo! Image
hardware store: similar to a black hole in space - if he goes in, he isn't coming out any time soon

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Sat Oct 25, 2003 2:12 pm

What is there to celebrate - everything is closed. :evil:
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

shazman

Post by shazman » Sat Oct 25, 2003 2:31 pm

wow! are you telling me that doesnt happen at the drop of a hat in Finland then :wink: :wink:
Image Image Anteeksi, olen ulkomalainen!

shazman

Post by shazman » Sat Oct 25, 2003 2:34 pm

Happy Birthday to tgabawm
she is 23 years old (I think)
Shes not allowed to accept presents
(shes from one of them 'funny' religions)
so wish her all the best :D
Image Image Anteeksi, olen ulkomalainen!

tgabawm

Post by tgabawm » Sat Oct 25, 2003 5:44 pm

What is there to celebrate - everything is closed.
That is the thing? Celebrate and buy lot of (alcohol) before everything is closed...
Happy Birthday to tgabawm
she is 23 years old (I think)
Shes not allowed to accept presents
(shes from one of them 'funny' religions)
Thank you Shazman, yes I am 23 (already!!!) but yes, I can get presents!!!! hehehee
(M. Quoist)

tgabawm

Post by tgabawm » Sat Oct 25, 2003 5:54 pm

peek-a-boo!
Luna, you have so cool smileys! Where do you get those?
(M. Quoist)

daive

Post by daive » Sat Oct 25, 2003 7:46 pm

tgabawm wrote:
peek-a-boo!
If you just right click on the smilie (pumpkin) and go to properties, it will tell you where it came from. ie.

http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/co ... mpking.gif

MinnaRaisanen

Post by MinnaRaisanen » Mon Oct 27, 2003 12:40 pm

wait, so Saturday is one of those conky days in the middle of nowhere that all the shops are closed?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! :evil:
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

George Bernard Shaw

shazman

Post by shazman » Mon Oct 27, 2003 12:49 pm

its probably to do with the witches.... they dont like it when people are allowed to buy stuff they need.

btw do kids do trick or treating here ??? and do they get violent if they dont get sweets ??? Coz Im gonna stock up to be on the safe side!

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Mon Oct 27, 2003 1:27 pm

shazman wrote:btw do kids do trick or treating here ??? and do they get violent if they dont get sweets ??? Coz Im gonna stock up to be on the safe side!
Yes, but you need to watch out if you stock up now, because the little witches come behind the door during EASTER! And they're going to get violent if you have moldy candy 6 months off season...

There is a bit of a conglomerate of traditions there, the "blessing by the pussy willows" is eastern orthodox while the easter witches are a western tradition. But it is Easter when they come annoy ringing peoples doorbells...

The only doorbell ringers would be the star boys, but they rarely do that in the South, besides its too early for them, and I haven't seen a St.Canute's Goat ever.
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

stig

Post by stig » Mon Oct 27, 2003 1:40 pm

Hank W. wrote:
shazman wrote:btw do kids do trick or treating here ??? and do they get violent if they dont get sweets ??? Coz Im gonna stock up to be on the safe side!
Yes, but you need to watch out if you stock up now, because the little witches come behind the door during EASTER! And they're going to get violent if you have moldy candy 6 months off season...
Ahhh...my first easter in Finland. I remember it well. I has been drinking the night before till well into the morning with some friends (The missus was away, so I was making the most of this rare moment of freedom :) ).

10am the first little blighter came, dressed as a witch and waving a twig. After a short period of ascertaining that the kid wanted something - I didn't at the time know what the hell was going on - I decided as I didn't have any sweets, and that giving a small child a bottle of Olvi would probably be frowned upon by the parents. I gave money.

Now, I don't want to say exactly how much I gave, but remembering that I was *very* hungover, confused, and desperate to remove the little witch from my door, we can safely say that it was probably the most expensive twig in history.

Learn from my mistake. Children have their own concept of the free market economy, and word gets around.

My doorbell did not stop ringing all day. No matter how many times I pretended I wasn't there.

Stig.

fionna

Post by fionna » Mon Oct 27, 2003 3:25 pm

stig wrote: Now, I don't want to say exactly how much I gave, but remembering that I was *very* hungover, confused, and desperate to remove the little witch from my door, we can safely say that it was probably the most expensive twig in history.

Learn from my mistake. Children have their own concept of the free market economy, and word gets around.

My doorbell did not stop ringing all day. No matter how many times I pretended I wasn't there.

Stig.
Ha ha ha! Brilliant!

The Easter witches called in to me this year, but I drove them off empty-handed by a combination of speaking to them in English and wearing only a bathtowel. I feel a bit mean in retrospect.

shazman

Post by shazman » Mon Oct 27, 2003 5:42 pm

And stig you plan on getting plastered again - as the missus is away....
tut tut !!!
Id have learnt my lesson already!!!

~luna~

Post by ~luna~ » Mon Oct 27, 2003 7:39 pm

tgabawm wrote:
peek-a-boo!
thanks, i see daive has already replied but let me add this link (the source of almost all my smilies ;) )

http://mysmilies.com/ Image
hardware store: similar to a black hole in space - if he goes in, he isn't coming out any time soon