More theatre plugs - Helsinki

Public announcements and notices. Also find information on special offers and discounts.
fionna

Post by fionna » Mon Oct 27, 2003 4:53 pm

The Finn-Brit Players presents Beautiful Bodies, a play by Laura Shaine Cunningham, performances at Malmitalo, Ala-Malmintori 1 on the following dates and times:
14th November 1900
16th November 1500 & 1900
21st November 1900
23rd November 1500 & 1900
Tickets cost EUR 8 (EUR 7 for students), available from Lippupalvelu or from Malmitalo box office - 09-310 80835

I am also involved in this production, acting this time. You can get more information here: http://www.finnbritplayers.bravepages.c ... auBod.html, although personally I don't think much of the blurb that has been written for the show. Only partly because my character is the only one that doesn't get a mention in it :pout:

I should probably add: not suitable for children (that always boosts sales :))

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 27, 2003 5:03 pm

We're going to see My Fair Lady in Svenska Teater in December :D

fionna

Post by fionna » Mon Oct 27, 2003 5:08 pm

Looking closer at the link I posted, I see that it says the play will be set in England. Unless plenty has changed since yesterday, this is not in fact true.

fionna

Post by fionna » Tue Nov 11, 2003 12:49 pm

*ahem* :)

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Sun Nov 16, 2003 10:30 pm

Well, I went to see them beautiful bodices and have to say I enjoyed it. The play is pretty easy to follow even for a 'Finnish audience', so the significant others can well be dragged along. And it has a crack of humor, and the players are talented in bringing forth their characters. One of them resembles my sister... Do try to get front seats, or atleast not sit in front of a big-headed fellow.

The place is a stones throw from Malmi railway station & the mall there (the south end - Dressmann & McDonalds end).

(Meeting my scool principal in the audience was a bit of a shock though)
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.