Leaving .

Public announcements and notices. Also find information on special offers and discounts.
Donald

Leaving .

Post by Donald » Fri Nov 28, 2003 10:37 am

With deep regret I will no longer be associated with .. I started this association with Neil back in April of 2002 with hopes of bringing English speakers together to network with each other to make life easier for those in Finland and for those coming to Finland. I had also hoped we would become a political lobby to help English speakers live and work in Finland. The association has evolved to where it is today through the hard work and participation of many of its members. I want to thank you all for the privilege of knowing you and working with you in making . the success it is. Unfortunately, because of the increasing work demands on my time and the committment it will take to bring this organization to its next level, I must bow out. I am happily leaving the association with knowing there is a committee of very capable people who will work endlessly to make this association even more of a success than what it is today. Again. thank you and best wishes! :wink: :D

Leaving .

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Caroline

Post by Caroline » Fri Nov 28, 2003 11:50 am

I had no idea! :(

I'm sorry to hear about your resignation, but appreciative of all you've done to get . rolling- it's just proof of the great things that Massachusetts people accomplish :wink:

Thank you and best of luck!
Former expat in Finland, now living in New Hampshire USA.

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 28, 2003 12:37 pm

Shame that you're going, Donald :cry: but thanks for all the work you did :!:

Don't leave completely, come take a peek every now and then, if you want...

Anders

Post by Anders » Fri Nov 28, 2003 2:22 pm

Is this really written by Donald? Why did he not sign in and wrote it with his username. Instead of using guest!
I _think_ someone might be fooling you.
"Snowboarding is an Art form. The rider is the artist and his board his tool. Together they make art worth die for."

Kemars

Post by Kemars » Fri Nov 28, 2003 2:30 pm

Anders wrote:Is this really written by Donald?
no one is pulling anyone's leg. It was written by him.
Best of luck Donald!
How much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

BAT

Post by BAT » Fri Nov 28, 2003 2:32 pm

This is so sad Donald! Please do stay a member of the community and check back in here. Don't leave us completely!

Best of luck though, and thanks for your kindness over the months.

neil

Post by neil » Fri Nov 28, 2003 2:33 pm

When a user posts a message and then the account gets terminated, it gets prefixd with the username 'guest' since that username does not exists anymore.
Last edited by neil on Sun Nov 30, 2003 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neil

Please add a link to https://www.finlandforum.org

John

Thanks

Post by John » Fri Nov 28, 2003 4:41 pm

As a newcomer to these pages for, thanks for helping to set up a much needed resource.
"Duff beer"...........the cause and solution of most of lifes problems
ANON (H.Simpson)

Great Scott

Post by Great Scott » Fri Nov 28, 2003 6:43 pm

Ditto what John said. I remember about 2 years back when the Russian community here opened their own radio station I said to myself that the English speaking community here ought to follow suit. There are quite a few of us, and united we could have a degree of political, social, and economic clout. Of course I never did do anything about it, but apparently someone did. I am really in awe over what you have created, and proud to be a part of it. I hope you remain part of the community you helped create.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one..."

Ace

Post by Ace » Fri Nov 28, 2003 8:39 pm

Bit of an over the top reaction from Donald if you ask me, but thats Donald :-) He's a good guy despite all the politics on here, shouldn't take things to heart so much IMO, shame he felt the need to completely remove himself, could have just stayed as a member at least :idea: He will be missed (by me anyway ;-))

Sara

Post by Sara » Fri Nov 28, 2003 9:05 pm

Shame to see you go Donald. Hope you will still pop back once in a while.

gavin

Post by gavin » Fri Nov 28, 2003 9:39 pm

Well Donald,

We have had some pretty big differences in the past, and clearly we look at certian issues in a very different way. Indeed we are completely different people as a whole...

However, you and Neil (who strangely, I have also had my differences with) started this whole . thing, and for that I wholeheartedly applaud you. It's easy to say "anyone could have done that" but they didn't. You did.

We never sat down and split that bottle of single malt scotch. Maybe it's as well we didn't, but anyway, I wish you all the best for the future, and I'm sorry to see you leave the thing that you were so instrumental in building.

A Native American tale:

A grandfather tells his grandson, "I feel as if I have two wolves fighting in my heart. One wolf is the vengeful, angry, violent one. The other wolf is loving and compassionate."

"Which wolf will win the fight?" asks the grandson. "The one I feed," says the grandfather.

:wink:

Cheers
Gavin

PeterF

Re: Leaving .

Post by PeterF » Sat Nov 29, 2003 10:56 am

Donald wrote:. Unfortunately, because of the increasing work demands on my time and the committment it will take to bring this organization to its next level, :wink: :D
I have only meet Donald but once when he warmed the atmosphere in my pub with his jovial presence. I do hope that I have not seen the last of the big guy from Boston
I had the feeling that his move from Salo to the wilds of "NW of nowhere Suomi" would put a huge pressure on his abilty to do all what he wanted to do.
His original dream of what he wanted the . to be, had got to the point where there are cross road with several possible directions for develoment. The way we have decided to go does mean that we need full committment from those of us doing the development. Don saw this and hence his decision.
He will be difficult to replace.
I supsect that he will read this..so...
Good luck Don and Minna and if you find yourselves in Vantaa on a Friday evening you know where to find me, and Hank, BAT and Sara are only five minutes and a phone call away.

Tomakaze

Post by Tomakaze » Tue Dec 09, 2003 6:33 am

Donald,

I don't know you in any way shape or form, but this is a great resource and I'm glad to be a member of the community. So thanks.

I'm just confused why you must completely disassociate yourself? :shock:

Since I have a new family in Finland, I don't think I would terminate my membership here until I forget how to speak english entirely!