60s/70s Flashback Retro Disco!

Public announcements and notices. Also find information on special offers and discounts.
silli

Post by silli » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:09 pm

'60s & '70s Flashback - Retro Disco
We're getting our groove on, with a purpose!
Set the mood, get funky or classic, with your dance shoes and retro outfit!

This dance party is for the benefit of Filipino children who are in need of educational assistance.

20 Oct 2007, from 18.30
Venue: Svenska Gården, Hämeentie 3, 00530 Helsinki
Ticket bookings: Olive 0405297968
http://www.lastentulevaisuus.org
Door opens: 18H30
Donation: 25€ adult, 10€ children (7/12years old)
Price includes entrance with small food and beverage
:wink:

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Re: 60s/70s Flashback Retro Disco!

Post by Hank W. » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:25 am

silli wrote:' for the benefit of Filipino children who are in need of educational assistance.
And exactly why doesn't Imelda sell a few of her shoes, instead of some flower-hatted aunties getting a spiritual orgasm supporting a government that does not care for its own people? You flowerhats providing that education means that government can use that money they should use for it themselves to buy some nice new weapons, or a new mercedes-benz limo. Less tanks, more education and flowers!
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

kristheo

60s/70s Flashback – R e t r o Disco

Post by kristheo » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:23 pm

Press Release

60s/70s Flashback – R e t r o Disco
Annual fundraising activity.

Helsinki, Finland; 14 October 2007: Lasten Tulevaisuus-Children's Future, a multi-cultural charitable organization supporting children' education and activities in depressed communities in the Philippines, will hold its annual fundraising activity this 20th of October at Svenska Gården (Hämeentie 3, 00530 Helsinki).

During this event entitled "60s/70s Flashback – Retro Disco," guests are encouraged to come dressed up in the fashion styles of the 60s and 70s. A dance contest for adult couples and children will be one of the highlights of the evening.

Lasten Tulevaisuus is raising funds to finance its projects , such as the Back to School project of Samaritana Transformation Ministries, its NGO partner in the Philippines. The project supports the elementary education of the children or siblings of prostituted women who are undergoing rehabilitation and moral transformation.

Lasten Tulevaisuus is currently in its second stage of planning to build a library for Balud Elementary School in Leyte province. As part of the extensive screening of NGO partners, Kristheo Guerrero, a board member of the organization, visited the site. If the project passes the requirements, the library will be operational by the coming school year.

Lasten Tulevaisuus - Children's Future also donated an Audio-Visual Educational program package to an Elementary School in Camanlaniugan, Cagayan Province through the ABS-CBN Foundation. The audio-visual materials are a great help in teaching Math, Science and History.

raamv

Post by raamv » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:42 am

what percentage of your donation ( or funds raised) actually goes to the charitable organizations?
what happens to the rest of the funds?
What percentage of the funds that they receive do they actually give to the people in need?
what happens to the rest of the funds?
The reason I ask is that I will sleep better if I know that the money/goods I donate is actually being used directly by a person in need than some charity which spends 80% of their funds raised for the purpose of raising funds and the 20% for actual donation!!

kristheo

Post by kristheo » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:05 am

Thank you for your question.

Usually, associations in Finland keep 20 percent as operational expense, but since most of the members of the association gives everything for free, we only have 10 percent or lower(but please dont quote me on this, I don't have the actual figure). A classic example of donation are services, for example our website is made by two volunteers, the priniting of brochures are donated by another member, you see most of the donation are in kind, last time we had fund raising and some of the food are donated this is one way why are expenses are reduced plus generate more funds. This year we went to Tampere, the gas, the food are all donated. Would you believe someone donated a 500 pcs of A4 paper?

What happens to the rest of the fund? it goes to our partner NGO, which we choose miticulously and monitor regularly, we are very strict. since we are very transparent, all you have to do is write a formal letter our auditor to see the books of accounts.

I understand your concer about where the money goes, but I assure you, it is really spent on the children.

Our membership goes from one end to another end of the spectrum, we have nokia global manager, previous supreme finland court judge, students, cleanner and even High school kids. So you see the trust that is given to the association is quite huge.

You can rest assure that it is the children that really benefit. So will I see you this Saturday?

kristheo

Post by kristheo » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:09 am

...oh by the way, the members that i mentioned from last year's record, I haven't check yet who are the members this year...

littlefrank

Post by littlefrank » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:52 am

this link to 'Back to School project of Samaritana Transformation Ministries' says it all. :roll:

http://samaritana.org/about/index.html

Reminds of the Victorian attitude to prostitution.

'The abolitionists who consisted of reformers and Christians wanted to completely wipe out prostitution and educate children to steer clear of it. The abolitionists looked to moral traditions and social concern, believing that prostitution was the ultimate social evil (Pivar 33). When these Christians did offer to help, it was through repentance. If the prostitutes wanted to repent and turn towards God then they were offered hospitality, if not they were cursed at and left alone.'
"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons."
- Popular Mechanics, 1949

kristheo

Lasten Tulevaisuus Children's Future in FACE BOOK

Post by kristheo » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:32 pm

For those people who have face book and would like to add Lasten Tulevaisuus - Children's Future ry, Here is the Link:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6794930735

kristheo

FEXCO Nordic supports children’s education in the Philippine

Post by kristheo » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:09 am

Please check the link:

http://www.fexco.se/en/news/news/2007-1 ... pines.aspx

Thank you for supporting the association.