False identities and lies

Public announcements and notices. Also find information on special offers and discounts.
ajdias

Post by ajdias » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:28 pm

mCowboy wrote:
kay30 wrote:Whatever happened to that rule about posting all the a.k.a names next to the user name? That sure was a good rule...
I think if you use a different email address when you register, Neil doesn't know that who it is... that could be tracked by IP addresses but too much work...
No, not at all. It's as simple as hiting Image :P

Neil, feel free to delete this msg, when you get around. Or the whole thread, btw :wink:

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Sara

Post by Sara » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:32 pm

To be fair we dont know any of the *real* story. We've got one side and only that poster knows how much truth there is to it.

He could have been her stalker, they may never have been married. He might want money from her. It might have been a relationship turned violent etc etc etc.

For whatever reason the women cant easily be found and we will never know the reason why.

People had a look on the net and couldnt find anything that would have helped the guy out. End of story.

kay30

Post by kay30 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:46 pm

Sara wrote:He could have been her stalker, they may never have been married. He might want money from her. It might have been a relationship turned violent etc etc etc.
Agreed. I am somewhat surprised that people are so willing to help a total stranger "hunt" down someone else. For all we know, she may have had to change her identity to get away from this guy and here are people trying to help him find her.

If she doesn't want to be found, it's not up to any of us to help this guy find her. Think how you would feel if people were helping someone you clearly did not want in your life dig up all sorts of dirt on you.

Amandine.K

Post by Amandine.K » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:51 pm

kay30 wrote:
Sara wrote:He could have been her stalker, they may never have been married. He might want money from her. It might have been a relationship turned violent etc etc etc.
Agreed. I am somewhat surprised that people are so willing to help a total stranger "hunt" down someone else. For all we know, she may have had to change her identity to get away from this guy and here are people trying to help him find her.

If she doesn't want to be found, it's not up to any of us to help this guy find her. Think how you would feel if people were helping someone you clearly did not want in your life dig up all sorts of dirt on you.
exactly my point from the start!

kay30

Post by kay30 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:58 pm

This is just as creepy:
bb/viewtopic.php?t=25313&highlight=

Why not just give a map to the guys house?

mCowboy

Post by mCowboy » Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:00 am

well any of the info given is nothing that they couldn't find themselves (if they spoke a lil Finnish).

if you dial 118 or some other service here, you can get numbers to many other countries nowadays. No reason why someone abroad couldn't use Finnish directory services...

Or other information... all that info is available on the net, if ppl just know how to use google...
Get in there...

Karhunkoski

Re: False identities and lies

Post by Karhunkoski » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:48 am

Missoot wrote: Oh what a web we weave when we set out to decieve.

You and your Jenni K & Dr David Wittig personas should be ashamed, unmask the charlaton!

(Demonstrating this dishonesty has proven to us all that we were right initially, you are a bit of a weirdo. :wink: )
Political correctness is the belief that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Rosamunda

Post by Rosamunda » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:32 am

kay30 wrote:This is just as creepy:
bb/viewtopic.php?t=25313&highlight=

Why not just give a map to the guys house?
What is so creepy about that? He said his friend played for TPS so I typed http://www.tps.fi and there was his photo and contact info for the club. It took me less than 30 seconds.

I agree with mcowboy.... if the info is readily available on the net then it is public. I wouldn't give any info that is not in the public domain. For example.... I live just a few doors away from a Very Important Person..... but I ain't telling ya who 'cos there is no name on the letterbox and I'm pretty sure he doesn't want his home address published on the web :twisted:

neil

Re: False identities and lies

Post by neil » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:01 pm

Missoot wrote:Lying to your husband or wife about your identity and history is very serious. Not to mention the repercusions to those who trusted you.
Multiple accounts on FF also has repercussions. See:

http://finlandforum.org/bb/viewtopic.php?t=24010
Neil

Please add a link to https://www.finlandforum.org