Jyvaskyla and Cottage Get Together!

Public announcements and notices. Also find information on special offers and discounts.
Mattlill2000

Post by Mattlill2000 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:35 pm

As October is nearing I've got enough of an idea of what I'm doing to invite you all to drop over for a visit to my cottage project on the weeks 42 and 43 on the weekdays. Its not finished yet so the big party will be next year but its completed enough that it has electricity, is winterized with 2 bedrooms. With some luck there may even be a flush toilet. Come one, come all for a few hours or for a few days. I'll be a little busy during the day but in the evening its time for dinner and then sauna! Then....lets have a pub night in Jyvaskylla.
The most reliable date for me so far is October the 17th. So lets meet up at the pub (and the name escapes me now :oops: ) The name is something like the Old Brick Inn and its across the street from Hemingways, right in the heart of Jyvaskyla. Lets say 8ish? If anybody has a better location, or a better idea, please let me know. Be there or be square, Matti
p.s PM me for a map and my phone number
Last edited by Mattlill2000 on Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

mCowboy

Post by mCowboy » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:49 pm

Great, only a 500km drive on a weeknight after work... count me...... out :lol:

btw, It's Jyväskylä with one l.. jyväskyllä would mean something like grainyes if translated literally to English.. :wink:
Get in there...

Mattlill2000

Post by Mattlill2000 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:54 pm

Great, only a 500km drive on a weeknight after work... count me...... out Laughing

btw, It's Jyväskylä with one l.
Oooops! Thanks for pointing it out. It has been corrected. Well if 500km is too much of a drive, how about a Helsinki night sometime? Maybe in Jan/Feb.

mCowboy

Post by mCowboy » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:59 pm

Mattlill2000 wrote:
Great, only a 500km drive on a weeknight after work... count me...... out Laughing

btw, It's Jyväskylä with one l.
Oooops! Thanks for pointing it out. It has been corrected. Well if 500km is too much of a drive, how about a Helsinki night sometime? Maybe in Jan/Feb.
You can join us in the pub quiz every first Wednesday of the month at Pub Angleterre on Freda. :D

(That's where all the Forum's "darlings" convene and plot against unsuspecting newcomers... ) :lol:
Get in there...

Juha H.

Post by Juha H. » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:17 pm

mCowboy wrote:Great, only a 500km drive on a weeknight after work... count me...... out :lol:

btw, It's Jyväskylä with one l.. jyväskyllä would mean something like grainyes if translated literally to English.. :wink:
Yep, and you've got to meet Grainville Country Dancers!

http://www.grainville.net/

Karhunkoski

Re: Jyvaskyla and Cottage Get Together!

Post by Karhunkoski » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:27 am

Mattlill2000 wrote:
The most reliable date for me so far is October the 17th.
Perkele! :cry:

Am working abroad that week :(

Any chance of the following week?

Cooldude - you coming?

DMC - are you around those weeks?

Who else is around Jyväskylä now, Stewy? What about the other guy (J) up near Säärijärvi?
Political correctness is the belief that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

DMC

Post by DMC » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:03 am

> DMC - are you around those weeks?

Probably. I have a vague possibility of some work in Germany then, but if that doesn't happen I can be there.

Mattlill2000

Post by Mattlill2000 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:26 pm

Sure! October 24th., is fine for me too. Whichever date we can decide on.

Karhunkoski

Post by Karhunkoski » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:32 pm

Mattlill2000 wrote:
Sure! October 24th., is fine for me too. Whichever date we can decide on.
You're a gentleman, thanks. It's in the diary. I'll see who else we can round up. Before long we'll be having our own quiz night up here :lol:
Political correctness is the belief that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Mattlill2000

Post by Mattlill2000 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:16 pm

As that dude in the Mika Häkkinen t-shirt said (Markku?) "They'll be big HULLABALOO" at Jyvaskyla this wednesday! I'm off tomorrow morning to the land of no internet, so if you wish to contact me, pm Karhunkoski for my cellular numbers. I'm trying hard to come up with a designated driver to avoid the dreaded alcohol free beer but it won't cut into the action now will it?
See you on wednesday! t.Matti