I'm intrigued

Public announcements and notices. Also find information on special offers and discounts.
otyikondo

Re: I'm intrigued

Post by otyikondo » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:07 am

annakowalik19 wrote:Forget it.I give up!

Shame, really, but I have to agree you've probably got only yourself to blame by addressing your enquiry to a board that is primarily used by ex-pats to exchange tips on where to find TV programmes/delicacies/the lifestyle/whatever that they left at home, and on occasion to lament their absence here and the difficulties of being a furriner.

I'm quite sure your fingers can find althernative sources of information, ones where the likelihood of getting stuff about Finland from Finns is rather higher.

I might also point out that the boredom-threshold of members here for arrivals whose interest in the place has been suddenly whetted by music (usually of a Goth variety) is quite low. This isn't your fault, but it's just the way it is.

Best of luck.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

raamv

Post by raamv » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:59 am

annakowalik19 wrote:Forget it.I give up!
that soon?? how are you then going to learn about the Great mythological Finnish "Sisu" :wink: 8)

sandrou

Post by sandrou » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:33 pm

Hi Anna! want to tell you that Finland is beautiful.Lakes,forests,thousands of winter activities,huge natural beauty,a photographer's and a naturist's dream. And Finns are generally kind and if you'll try a little bit harder to get to know few of them(what lies under that thick icy layer),they can prove to be really good friends ,with a good sense of humor and not cynic at all.The country in general has Prohibition,but nevertheless,you'll see that a sad huge amount of even really young children drinks too much..
Greetings!

blaugrau

Post by blaugrau » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:20 pm

Prohibition?

sandrou

Post by sandrou » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:01 pm

Yes,i mean the really strict laws about selling drinks and the few licensed places that are allowed to sell them,not to forget to mention about the prices..But despite this,young children still find their way to getting them far too easy..

annakowalik19

Post by annakowalik19 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:13 am

Sandrou thank you for telling me Finns can be actually nice.I almost stopped believing that...And I think underage drinking problem exists in most of Europe,in Poland it is a plague.Sad but true

sandrou

Post by sandrou » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:30 am

you're welcome!and since i plan getting back to Finland soon,you're welcome to visit it too!you'll see that what i was telling you about people is not the exception but the rule!
have a nice day!

annakowalik19

Post by annakowalik19 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:52 am

Hopefully I will get to go one day...