Snowboarding THIS SATURDAY!!!

Public announcements and notices. Also find information on special offers and discounts.
dino

Post by dino » Tue Jan 20, 2004 1:37 pm

out of the country this weekend... but definately would be on for joining ye for other snowboarding / skiing trips

btw... been to Ruka 5 or 6 times... mostly day trips from Oulu but last time was for a weekend just before Xmas... well worth it for a weekend

cheers
Brian

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Tue Jan 20, 2004 1:59 pm

Niall Shaky wrote:I've never been to Ruka or Levi, but I guess you might be able to enjoy those places for a weekend.
Been to Ruka..very good I think it would take you quite a while to get bored.
There are several slopes at the main site then a couple more tucked away around corners..There are also Ski Doo Safari which are great fun.
However, the Finns still have a lot to do to come up to the standards/demands of Sweden and Norway slopes. :wink: ..small problem to over come first how to make the Finnish hills higher :roll:
I think in summary Finnish ski centre are for Fun before and after a wee bit of skiing More fun :roll: and games..but if you are a serious skier...sorry dont expect too much.
When I was 20 years younger I could and did tackle Holmenkolen and Åre... :wink: . now . :roll: ..Serena is nice and gentle :roll: and how my old bones like it.
Serena is a family fun centre which is only 20 minutes outside the capital area and as such keeps the kids happy.
Vihti is also a rapidly improving sports centre... Ski in winter golf in summer.
half and hour/40 minutes drive.
Lahti/Metsila is a considerable improvement over Serena but it is at least hours drive.
http://www.messila.fi/inenglish/frameset_eng.html

Sara

Post by Sara » Wed Jan 21, 2004 6:30 pm

Ok, so can we have the final list of people who are going please!

Im not going, so lets have the final numbers to see if some of you guys need to meet to go on the bus.

Anders

Post by Anders » Thu Jan 22, 2004 11:43 am

Ok, I will be going with a friend so please feel free to join us around 12:00 in the sloop at Serena, see previous post's for getting-there information. PM me for my mobile phone number.
"Snowboarding is an Art form. The rider is the artist and his board his tool. Together they make art worth die for."