Finnish course / school in Tampere

Public announcements and notices. Also find information on special offers and discounts.
Viharo

Post by Viharo » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:07 pm

Hi,

Sorry if I am posting in a wrong section, somehow couldn't decide which would it fit the most.
A friend of mine is pondering opening a school for foreigners to study Finnish and he has asked me if there is any point in opening one in Tampere.
I mean there is already quite the competition: Onnenkieli, Helena Suominen, TAKK.
To tell you the truth I am a bit lost with it, so I thought I might ask all of you for your opinions.

Basic idea was to offer the school services to employment office, however he has also thought about focusing on people, who are already working, but would still like to learn the language, or on people that for some reason do not manage to get to courses through employment office.
Other idea, my friend suggested, was some more advanced course for those who have gone through "jatkokurssi" and would want to study more.
What do you think of that?
Is it worth starting, what would be your expectations towards such and also what would be appropriate "fee" from the point of view of a student?
You can reply here, PM me.

Thank you a lot for your help :)

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

dolphingirl

Re: Finnish course / school in Tampere

Post by dolphingirl » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:03 pm

I'm working in Tampere and know the basics of Finnish but I'd like to learn more.
The main points would be the schedule of the lessons (not too late, ideally just after work, maybe around 5pm) and the prices (max 6euros/h for group lessons).
Hope this helped!

antstar

Re: Finnish course / school in Tampere

Post by antstar » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:49 pm

Hi dolphingirl, just seen your post and hope i'm not too late, i myself have just started at Sampola -- http://koulut.tampere.fi/sampola/
they teach in the evenings beginners 5.15-6.45 mon/Thu and tue or advanced from 7 onwards, unsure of the finish time there as all my information and correct link is at work. If you want pm me and i'll pass it on when i get to work tomorrow, its not too late to join. The fee for the two nights a week course is 35Euros and thats for 44hrs.